Melissa's Lenormand (in progress)

prudence

I really like both Lily cards, the second one even more so...and in both for whatever strange reason, I assumed the woman was named Lily... as for the card with two women, I also figured they were named Lily. Odd, I know but really, the mind will do whatever it needs to do to make sense of an image...and that's how mine made it work...and I must say, it was automatic, not something I had to "Hmm and haww" about.

In my mind, Lily was a popular name back in those days, I am thinking the 20's when I look at both cards (but also the Victorian/Edwardian era), so popular in fact that it would not be difficult to find two friends with that very same name so I quickly come to the conclusion that not only is the flower being depicted a lily, but so is the lady. (or ladies)

It might be my new favorite card in this oracle... (the one with two ladies). I just love it and them.

tarotmama

I have two new cards. I haven't posted them on my blog yet, but will tonight. I'll show them here first! :shhh:

Tree and Woman!

The tree card was hard. There was another image I really wanted to use -- several really. One was a drawing of a tree with various "sins" hanging in bulbs from it. Just an amazingly beautiful old illustration! The other was another illustration of the garden of evil with Adam and Eve. But I thought that both were sort of heavy handed and I really want this card to be a sort of "what you reap, so shall you sow" kind of card -- so I found the image of the guy with the plow and I think it came together for me. The other tree in the picture is from some vintage sheet music.

For the woman -- well, this is a very first first draft and I totally reserve the right to change the card completely! I have *SO MANY* amazing vintage ladies to pick from -- but for some reason, this lady kept calling out to me. I just thought she looked so classy and wise and beautiful. I think it's from a vintage Japanese perfume advert. Well it's an ad anyway, I have no idea what she's selling! It was a huge toss up between this lady and another and if I can find a way to incorporate them both into the card, I may. Like I said, I totally reserve the right to change it up!!

I am considering a working title change from "Melissa Lenormand" to "Window Oracle" or something to do with windows. I can post more about my process later, but basically all the cards share three layers -- one of which is a busted out window. It's hard to see on the finished cards, but it's really my favorite layer for texture and I've used it in other art too. So I kind of want to honor that window frame for all it's shown me. Does that sound crazy?

Ok! I have a wee babe pre-digesting my shoulder right now! More later!

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 146
  • woman.jpg
    woman.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 218

Brigid

Oh my!!!....

I'm sooo glad I've just discoved this thread!

Melissa! These are just amazing. And I haven't even gone right through and looked at all of them yet.. :) :heart:

thorhammer

Oh, Mel, that Woman (Lady? Can I call her Lady?) card is just breathtaking! I love the Tree, too; it's got so much going on in it . . . but the Lady is just so wonderful. She's engaging in a way that most Lady cards aren't and since it's usually a significator (at least, in my favoured method of reading), it's nice when I can really connect with her.

Have you thought of offering alternative cards for the ones that you really want to make a few of? Like the VRGold Lovers cards and the Book of Kaos having two Lovers and two Devil cards. It's a thought . . .

Either way, you have an amazing talent for collage art, and I'm so glad that you've shared these with us. I so hope that, when the time comes, you can find a way to print them and sell them!

\m/ Kat

tarotmama

thorhammer said:
Have you thought of offering alternative cards for the ones that you really want to make a few of? Like the VRGold Lovers cards and the Book of Kaos having two Lovers and two Devil cards. It's a thought . . .

That's a really good idea!! I had honestly never thought of it -- but yeah, it's my deck!! I can make whatever cards I like! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I really connected with the woman I used for the "lady/woman" card too. You can see I just didn't have any choice but to use her on the card!! I had trouble with the title. One of the lenormand I use says "lady" the other says "queen" but both titles seemed really old fashioned for her -- so I went with woman and I'll name the other just "man".

I'm going to get some prints made later this week from a photo/art printer on photo paper. They'll be small but it's still exciting. I've only seen them printed on copy paper from my husband's office :) and those already scribbled on with crayon!

Miss Divine

These are just beautiful! You've got talent girl!!
This is a deck I would buy in a heart beat.

Wishing you the best in finsihing this gorgeous project!!

thorhammer

I was just thinking . . . if you do ever get these to printed, selling stage . . . they will knock the Les Vieux Jours off its top spot as my favourite and go-to Lenormand.

Now, there's your big statement, right there :D

\m/ Kat

firefrost

Still watching with interest! :)

tarotmama

thorhammer said:
I was just thinking . . . if you do ever get these to printed, selling stage . . . they will knock the Les Vieux Jours off its top spot as my favourite and go-to Lenormand.

Now, there's your big statement, right there :D

\m/ Kat

Thank you Kat! I am hoping, regardless of whether or not I am able to get them printed, to give away the deck as a download that people can print out for themselves. And I do mean "give away" as in free. Of course I couldn't give away physical cards -- that is if I can find a way to print them.

Sidhe-Ra

These are seriously fabulous, and come with a free bag of WANT on the side!

Very, very nice!

Em xx