Tarot of the Old Path Study Group - Index of Study Group threads

Silverlotus

Deck Contributors

I'm working on putting together some information about the deck contributors, but is it slow going. I have not been able to find out much about any of them, expect for many plugs suggesting I buy their books. *sigh* I'll try to put together something using the information I've found along with the short bio's in the deck book (which seem a little fluffy, imho).

I'll also try to paraphrase Howard Rodway's introduction to the deck and his reasoning behind it's creation. Depending on how things go, I will have this posted by the end of the week.

Also, the next card to be posted (on Wednesday) is the Lovers, which was dedicated to Barbara Cartland. I will try to put together a short essay on this using the information from the deck book and whatever else I can find on the internet. I'll post it in the same thread as the discussion on the Lovers.

Does anyone have any other ideas for other discussions about this deck?

ArwenNightstar

Re: Deck Contributors

Silverlotus said:
Does anyone have any other ideas for other discussions about this deck?

I am backtracking like mad to try to play catch up. Fascinating discussions so far! Thanks y'all!

As for an idea, what about "Are there specific spreads that lend themselves to the TotOP? Are there specific spreads that don't?"
Grin!

Silverlotus

I thought I would bump this thread back up since it has a listing of all other Tarot of the Old Path study group threads. :)

Silverlotus

Updated again.

Silverlotus

DarkElectric was helpping me out by starting threads, but she seems to have disappeared. I'm considering put this study group on indefinate hold for now, due to lack of participation. Hopefully I will be able to revie it in a month or so. :)

Moongold

Can I help in any way?

I notice that there is no discussion of illusion? Would it be OK for me to begin one this week end?

Silverlotus

I heard from DarkElectric a little while ago. The next card will be posted on Saturday. :)

Moongold

Oops....in my enthusiasm I did somehting for XVIII Illusion.

I'll PM Dark Electric?

Silverlotus

Sure, but you skipped ahead quite a bit. We are only up to The Tower. :) So, I guess DE can still post that one on Saturday.

Thanks for starting a thread though! :)