Show your Playing Cards!

urbandryad

Welp! I think I'm addicted. Just to collecting playing cards! I have my own thread on United Cardists showing off all my decks now. That forum is specifically for card deck collectors and enthusiasts. Card tricks, magic and magicians, vintage and everything. But not much of a Cartomancy or Tarot community there. Anyhoo, all my pictures are going in that thread from now on or I'm gonna go loopy trying to remember where I post all my deck pictures. Unless thread linking to other forums is against the rules? I couldn't find a rule against it?

http://www.unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7141

If you can't access the thread or something I'll post some pictures in this spot instead. ^^

Morwenna

I just looked at that site, and I love that modern art deck! Right up my alley! :D

You showed samples of most of your decks, but the one you didn't was the one I was hoping to see: the owls.

If I had photo-to-computer capability, I'd join that site! I'm getting quite a collection myself!

ETA: OK, you did it. I joined. :) Like I need to belong to another message board.

Padma

Madrigal, I love your astrology cards! Gorgeous :)

@UrbanDryad, love the cat cards and the bunnies :) too cute!

Laura Borealis

Y'all are being far too enabling, ugh :p

I have the Jost Amman facsimile cards from this site -
http://historicgames.com/RPcards.html

Unfortunately they are printed on thin, uncoated card, and the corners are square, but for $5.00 one can't expect much more. Someday I'd like to get a nicer (& larger) version. They deserve to be showcased in a luxury edition. :)

urbandryad

I just looked at that site, and I love that modern art deck! Right up my alley! :D

You showed samples of most of your decks, but the one you didn't was the one I was hoping to see: the owls.

If I had photo-to-computer capability, I'd join that site! I'm getting quite a collection myself!

ETA: OK, you did it. I joined. :) Like I need to belong to another message board.

Oh Morwenna! The owl deck has just standard fronts to them. But I'll post a picture here for you and add it to my thread. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20150529_072037.jpg
    IMG_20150529_072037.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_20150529_072054.jpg
    IMG_20150529_072054.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 186

Madrigal

Urbandryad, love the Egyptian cards.

Laura...Jost are gorgeous!

I'll post a few more pics later today.

Madrigal

Astrological Playing Cards

Padma and LB, avert your eyes })

:club: Clubs :club:

photo%202-89_zpskq7ewqqi.jpg

Closeup

photo%202-87_zpsajr8ugzd.jpg

:heart: Hearts :heart:

photo%203-53_zpsuqm772bo.jpg

Closeup

photo%204-32_zpswpb9etos.jpg

Madrigal

Astrological Playing Cards ~ 2

:diamond: Diamonds :diamond:

photo%201-88_zpswelm8hme.jpg

:spade: Spades :spade:

photo%203-52_zpstvx9euph.jpg

A couple of closeups

photo%204-31_zps7giss1ag.jpg

photo%205-13_zpswwscxz5b.jpg

Padma

Just LOVE the deck - especially that King Neptune! Gorgeous! It is so very nice of you to post the pics of your decks, Madrigal! I can feel a new collection coming upon me! :laugh: