The Enchanted Lenormand Oracle - Caitlin Matthews, Art by Virginia Lee

Padma

I have firmly decided the deck is not for me - every time I try to order it, my gut says no go. I don't like the bubble on the cards, *at all*, and I think the descriptions from others about the book have made me understand it is not for me. I shall muddle along with my Mario Dos Ventos book and my cards.

ann823

I have firmly decided the deck is not for me - every time I try to order it, my gut says no go. I don't like the bubble on the cards, *at all*, and I think the descriptions from others about the book have made me understand it is not for me. I shall muddle along with my Mario Dos Ventos book and my cards.

What's wrong with the book? That's why I ordered the set.

JenWt43

My Amazon US pre-order arrived this week, and I really like the look of the cards. The artwork suits me very well. I'm hoping to spend some time with the book soon, I'm still a lenormand newbie and it seems this book may be a great help to me!

jeffrey2530

I just got mine, I think it is awesome!...:D

the book is very clear and easy to read, and it is colored. I followed AndyBC's method and it fits well with the book..:D

overall, I like it and will buy the more complete Lenormand book by Caitlin which is going to be released in 2014

Padma

What's wrong with the book? That's why I ordered the set.

I don't think there is anything at all wrong with the book, I just meant I don't think it will suit me, that's all! :)

Enjoy the set, and have fun with the cards! I do think the pics are really pretty, I just don't like the bubble effect. Each to her own! lol!

Lee

After having read the book, I find that I refer a lot to the synopsis of keywords "at a glance" at the back, p 156-
As I'm reading the book, I'm noticing that the at-a-glance keywords in the back don't necessarily represent all the key themes that are discussed in the card descriptions. Sometimes they include more obscure concepts while leaving out more important ones. For anyone relying on those keywords in the back, I'd strongly recommend you check them against the card descriptions to make sure you're not missing anything important.

Emily

I had this on pre-order at Amazon then cancelled it, first I liked the bubble effect then I wasnt too sure. The Lenormands I like are all vintage style, i wondered if this would be too modern for me also, so I'm glad to read negative as well as positive reviews of it. I might wait for her new book to come out next year. :)

jeffrey2530

One of my cards tear..:( I'm so sad... Just had it for two days :(

I hope they produce sturdier cards..:(

I will attach the picture of my tear card later :(

Emily

One of my cards tear..:( I'm so sad... Just had it for two days :(

I hope they produce sturdier cards..:(

I will attach the picture of my tear card later :(

Is it a bad tear? You could always try repairing it. A small pin with a small amount of glue, applied to the tear, done carefully then pressed together. Or failing that as it's a new deck, could you send it back as defective? And ask for a replacement.

I've just looked at Watkins, who publish this and they seem to be pretty accessible. They have email, Facebook and twitter - maybe try emailing them for a replacement card. :)

jeffrey2530

It's not defective, I was using it on a rough wooden table, and it just happened, I noticed it after I finished my readings. :( I never thought that it is so fragile.

Here is the picture of the damage :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6x9bjf9aedv9f1w/Photo 09-11-13 18.07.07.jpg

I asked my friend to help me to repair it. It looks better, but I don't think this card can lasts more than 6 months of frequent usage. :(