Planet Series: Mars in relationship to Venus

stardancer

Venus and Mars are looked at as the lovers of the zodiac, but in essence, they are antipathic.

Love, affection, oneness: war, competition, freedom.

Even though I have an opposition of Venus and Mars (a 'bad' thing), I don't necessrily think a Venus Mars conjunction,trine, sextile, etc., makes things positive. I just think it gives relationships an extra (sur)real push. Relationships are a given in any life, but there is more of an intensity about any relationship when Venus and Mars are in aspect. I always look at aspects as part attitude.

For example: the precious trine, imo, just lends itself to easy relationships that could lead to a player attitude.

dadsnook2000

For better or worse

The phrase "for better or worse" has to be a Mars-Venus thing. I think that the confirmations given to my set of phase relationships and comments do indeed show that Mars and Venus have a some what "less than fatal" attraction for each other. As I noted, they can be partners in crime (Venus wants, Mars takes ((for Venus)) and the crime is done). Trines, I have observed, often imitate "habitual" patterns, their mode of expression is one that one can fall into automatically and easily.

As our (individual) overall level of consciousness grows, some of us use these patterns as a basis for growth and development. Most planetary pairs do have an emotional component to them, or we attach one to them, and this feeling energy can be enjoyed, experienced, and used to drive us emotionally toward a use (or several uses) of that energy.

When we get to Jupiter, perhaps we can get a sidetrack discussion on Jupiter and Venus -- another pair that is commonly thought of as "good" but which has more "cold and prickelys" than "warm and fuzzys". Dave