Justice

RiccardoLS

I think that a one power of an image, against the written word, is that it can carry more things at once. Justice may be something and may be something else at the same time.
It may seem I'm rejecting Aristotele, and yes I am. Western philoshopy is great but even science and quantum electrodynamics had to reject it when coping with the complexity of the Universe. The solution of certain paradoxes cannot stand within what we already know, otherwise we would have already resolved them.

Dave pragmatical approach is very correct. Justice in a reading express very much what he says.

But again, I like to rty and focus on the subleties of a symbol. To answer the big question of Caridwen, my answer is: "I don't know". In the end it's you choose. Your experience catalize through the card and give shape to your sense of higher justice. If you can relate to the card your experience is ennanched. If you can't relate to the card it gests diminished.
But I think that every card - expecially Majors, that refers to something higher or deeper - is first a "question". And it becames an answer a lot later.

If I had - very personal and subjective take - to describe the riht Justie in the world of the Fay, I would think that in the Fey world, "you are what you do - you seem what you are". The second part creates a truth that I can't find in myself, nor in the real world. Justice to me is solace from the burden of having to pay for every mistake, for every shorcoming, for every weakness. For having to pay every time one accepts the minor bad, or suffer because it is the right thing. Justice is solace from the wheel. It does not set things right. It's there and gives a meaning to all that suffering and unbalance. Gives it purpose, and light. And therefore hope.
My very personal :(

caridwen

To answer the big question of Caridwen, my answer is: "I don't know".

Yes I do tend to ask big questions through force of habit as I've studied philosophy for a very long time and you learn to question everything. It can get tiring and somewhat tedious so I do apologise. Which leads me onto the next thing which is more of an aside (or is it) and may come across as nit picking to some:

It may seem I'm rejecting Aristotele, and yes I am.

I would think that in the Fey world, "you are what you do - you seem what you are".

This is a contradiction and I hope you don't mind me pointing it out. This is a very interesting philosophical concept and goes to the core of the basis of human nature: We are what we repeatedly do. (Excellence then is not an act but a habit.) is a quote from Aristotle's Ethics, a polemic on our search for Happiness and the nature of human existence. Anyway, I'm not sure how relevant that is to this discussion.

rcb30872

Just an observation the child Fey seems to be quite comfortable with wearing the heavy jewellery, but she doesn't need to. The bracelets are big enough to be able to slip it off her wrist easily, and the ends of the necklace are not linked, surely there would be away that she could move the necklace around for it to come off.

Maybe she wants to be free as a bird, as the feather represents, but at the same time maybe she wants to stay where she is, confined by her friends and family. She is able to fly off when she wishes too, she is not held their against her will.