two Lenormand books in English found at Amazon........

Sylvie Steinbach

Well spoken Astraea!

Thank you for your perseverance and support. I think we understand each other quite well. You are perfectly right on my intentions regarding the book. Though I believe it is a sincere and detailed work, it will not substitute to practice and work with the cards. I look forward in reading more feedback from you all when you get the book and will be more than happy to address questions if you have any. The book is a starting point for a journey that will make you understand why these cards continue to this day to fascinate a large crowd of New Age practionners -beyond just the artwork. They are very powerful, so potent indeed -as Astraea said- that they leave no room for denial. I sometimes get answers that I really don't like but guess what? It comes true!!! Once you are in tune with them even if you try to jinx the answer, you know what you saw and later on you just can only surrender to its powers as the events come to pass. That is the true secret of the Lenormand oracle. Sylvie

faunabay

Gavriela said:
I seem to get the best readings from the Blue Owl and the Dondorf pattern ones - like the French Cartomancy.

What's the Blue Owl or Dondorf patterns? Obviously I know what the French Cartomancy deck is - I want it. LOL But since I'm new to all this I have no idea what the Blue Owl is. Nina mentions it too. What is it? Do I need this too???? :D

Astraea

Faunabay, the French Cartomancy cards measure approximately 2.5 inches wide by 4 inches long; so they are still not large, by tarot standards. The Dondorf is smaller by about half an inch in both directions. You can't go wrong with either, in my opinion -- I've never met a Lenormand I don't like! :D

faunabay

Nina* said:
This is the Blue Owl... Yes, you DO need it! :D

http://www.lenormand-wahrsagekarten.de/lenormandkarten_blaue_eule.php

Dondorf is the same as the French Cartomancy only smaller.

Oh yes, most definitely! I do need that one too!!! I like this one better than any of the others I've seen so far.

hmmmm....but how to go about getting one??? I'll do a search. Or maybe Jeannette at Tarot Garden can help me.

Oh and I ordered Sylvie's book from amazon.com today. :) I can't wait.

Astraea

Jeannette doesn't carry the Blue Owl, but maybe if you ask she could order some in. German Amazon (amazon.de) carries it consistently, but shipping is around $15.

faunabay

Astraea said:
Jeannette doesn't carry the Blue Owl, but maybe if you ask she could order some in. German Amazon (amazon.de) carries it consistently, but shipping is around $15.

I'm going to email Jeannette and see if she could get some in.

6 Haunted Days

faunabay said:
I'm going to email Jeannette and see if she could get some in.

I know I would buy one if she did :)

faunabay

6 Haunted Days said:
I know I would buy one if she did :)

I haven't heard back yet, but I'll let her know there's at least two of us who want it. :)