Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Favorite Extant TdM?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Marseilles & Other Early Decks

Resident

shaveling 

My Lo Scarabeo Burdel. Hilted swords, fleurs de lys on the coins, and a left-handed Ace of Swords. I love it all. But I'm looking forward to the facsimile Burdel, too.
Top   #11
Resident

Krystal Mystic 

My favorite Marseille deck is the Dodal. I love the images on the cards. I have the US Games version, which is not exactly faithful to the original in all details, but I still like it. I plan to buy JC Flornoy's Dodal as soon as I can afford it. My dream is that someone will produce another facsimile copy of Dussere's Dodal at an afforable price.
Top   #12
Citizen

Philippe 

Dodal (out of print) and Conver (in print) :

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4hox8z
Top   #13
Citizen

delizt 

Pierre Madeniť & the Robeldo
Top   #14
Citizen

mrpants 

Noblet 4 life. I'm with LRichard on this one. I really want more cleaned up re-issues, if you will, of the old decks. The facsimiles are really neat, but I don't want to read with them, so much. I would love to see a redrawing of the Vieville, and the Burdel, though. (For those cartiers out there, reading this!)

P.S., that Madenie facsimile, though!
Top   #15
Citizen

Gulliver 

Another vote for the CBD.
Top   #16
Le Mat

Richard 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulliver View Post
Another vote for the CBD.
I vote for the CBD, Grimaud, and the ISIS. It bothers me a little that the CBD was especially designed as a companion deck for Yoav's excellent book. That's just a personal hangup due to my not accepting Yoav's reading method, because otherwise it is an excellent reconstruction of the Conver. My liking for the Grimaud is mostly because of its bold rendering of the images and its historical importance. The ISIS speaks for itself. I don't like the imagery of the Dodal, but if I were to obtain a copy of the Flornoy Noblet, it would have an honored place in my sacred not-to-be-used decks.
Top   #17
Citizen

delizt 

For me, I adore the facsimiles, some of the cleaned-up versions seem too cold to me...

however, I do adore the Noblet!
Top   #18
Citizen

Gulliver 

I think it could be a bit OT, or not?
Ok, I wanted to say, it's interesting, how different we humans are! What you said, Delizt, I really can feel, what you mean. But for me the reverse is the case: I get a cold feeling if I see the facsimiles. The creators (of the old ones, not of the facsimiles) often haven't been very attentive I think. They had to produce very fast and I read, the inaccurate colour-lines have been a result of child labor. The facsimiles wasn't thought to be for divination, they are a bit arbitrarily for me. Whereas the CBD (I don't know another new TdM in reality) for me is full of heart and soul (that's the result of the care of its creator I think).
Top   #19
Thursday's Child

Wendywu 

The Noblet is my main reading deck and although I do use others - the CBD and ISIS, and I plan on working with the facsimile decks this year - for me the Noblet has such character and is such fun that I find my hand drawn to it even at times when I fully intended to reach for the Vieville or Tarot de Paris (the Sivilixi facsimile editions).
Top   #20

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.