Solar Return Case Study

Minderwiz

I just did my own test, using Placidus houses and every SR from 1991 but using the place of birth.

There is a pattern, the Ascendant seems to retrograde through three alternate signs and then into the preceding signs. Only in one year, 2012, does Pluto appear in the same sign as the Ascendant and later in that sign (in this year it's virtually on the Ascendant).

Now Ronia's moved about quite a bit, so it seems that her relocations have produced the results she's describing. She clearly attracts Pluto!!! :)

dadsnook2000

Cycles to Pluto

An angle, any angle, would contact Pluto every 9 months and 2 weeks --- which is the basic MC cycle in progressed Solar Returns as Cyril Fagan defined the progression or advance of the daily MC. Any such angle would oppose Pluto in 4 months and 3 weeks, and might square Pluto at the quadrature points --- these not being regular like the conjunction or opposition due to latitude distortion of the rate of movement of the other angles (Asc. and Desc.). Dave

Ronia

That's interesting. Have you had charts in which Pluto has fallen in the Placidus twelfth but still in the same sign as the ASC? If so was there any noticeable effect at all?

For me Pluto in the 12th means revelation of problems, often physical, in the sign of the Asc (body, me). I've had such charts and it plays out.

Given Plutos' long sojourn in signs, it would seem to me that if it turns up in the Ascendant once, it's likely to turn up every four or five years over a length of time(relocation might well influence this one way or another, if you use it). Have you noticed that these years that you have identified follow any sort of pattern?

I've been moving a lot and far, so I may not be the best example and no, I haven't noticed a pattern because of my moves but also because I've very often celebrated my birthday abroad and have travelled far to some nice places to celebrate it and it changed the SR. Or you meant something else? What sort of pattern?

Now Ronia's moved about quite a bit, so it seems that her relocations have produced the results she's describing. She clearly attracts Pluto!!! :)

Eh, he is my ruler and I appreciate his... nasty personality. LOL And he seems to like it. (you know I believe he is the Scorpio's ruler)