HEAT deck - inception

daphne

Great name!

Profit or non-profit? I'm okay with either. :)

I am just stretching my mind now how to arrange such a project. As first intention, I am not thinking for profit printing, just the print price. But we can always discuss other options. Bring up ideas to the table.

Our reward will be that we get to have a printed deck in our hands with various takes on the cards, including our own. Myself, I find this very appealing, to have my card in a deck together with cards of other people. And to gift it to the world.

It is a long ride and it is not yet began. I am thinking to have at least 1/3 of the cards covered (27 people) before we start.

daphne

If you don't mind my saying, I would counsel waiting until the AT deck is done, so as not to split the effort. Although this is an "independent" deck, it is still being made under the auspices of AT and has the same limitations and work environment. The reasons for not printing the AT deck are logical and make sense, and this seems like a bit of a renegade deck, and it is a bit strange that it is being done now of all time.

But that's just my opinion...

Of course I dont mind. Please, I would like to hear anyone opinion.

This idea is the result of the interest showed for a printed deck with lots of creators during the discussion of the 5thAT. That is why it is exactly now of all time, I dont find it strange, but logical.

If it is made, it will be just like another deck created and presented here. Not the AT deck, but just another deck which instead of having one creator, it will have more.

Of course if the general perception is as that it is renegade deck, I dont want to go on.
My intention is to promote harmony and light spirited group effort, not to give chance of an apple of discord. We should like to do it, that is the purpose.

I envision this sort of deck more as a celebration of human closeness and mutual affinity. Together we can gift our solitary time in creating something we gift to each other and to the world. It is a togetherness celebration.

daphne

omg! fantastic name!:))))) no need to say I like it! im in!^^ ;))))))))))))))))))
so happy to participate and learn about deck print!^^ ;D :)))))))
I'm fine with everything!^^ ;)))

more questions can we submit same art we did for 5ATdeck?
or will we make a new one?
uniformed/themed deck or everyone make card by wish?:)))
(here we roll again! lolz :))))))))))))))

I like your enthusiasm.
No theme deck.

I will take your other question in a separate post.

gregory

I would join in.

But I am not remotely interested until the 5th AT deck is complete. I think this will risk diluting the enthusiasm for that.

daphne

Why renegade deck? I don't think anyone will draw energy away from certain other projects or pull out of them because of this new one. As opposed to that Some people just might want to reuse some of their work from other projects.
BTW I am in too, and I would love to do a temperance card.

It is not yet started and it will take a while, anyway. Because first it is needed to sample the interest. When we reach the critical mass, 27 kindred spirits wanting to play the lets-make-a-deck-together, we speak serious stuff. Until then it remains just a nice theory. When there are enough creators willing to join, more details will be established.

Although the creation of the deck happens to be discussed in ATF, this is not an ATF-deck. And I guess it will be published without any menion of ATF at all. Therefore the limitations for an ATF collobarorative deck don't apply. Different project, different name, different goal (printing). All limitations will be defined within the discussion about this specific deck. If I am mistaken with anything I said, then somebody please correct me.
HEAT is a perfect name. And thanks so much, daphne, for starting the thread :)

This is not an AT deck, but just another tarot deck. People that are not members here can also contribute. A drawing of your children, spouse, a friend wanting to participate, are welcome.
Just remember, before subscribing to create, know that if successfully pursued, it will be printed and generally available via print-on-demand.

daphne

I would join in.

But I am not remotely interested until the 5th AT deck is complete. I think this will risk diluting the enthusiasm for that.

I would not like this deck to be seen as a competition for the 5thAT deck, but just another game, along the others we play here together.

Especially that some creators of one deck will be the same for the other, why should they compete and not complement? Maybe there is a chance to make other cards or same cards different way.

daphne

Two ideas I would like to put forward for discussion. Let's hear our views.

First one. Suppose we get the critical mass of creators committed to participate. Would you prefer to wait for the 5thAT deck to be ready first, before starting this one?
Elaborate your opinion, please.
I would not wait till March if enough people are in, but I would not start right away either.
Moreover, the time-frame for making this deck would be longer, giving a poorer participation I expect. Less creators, more time needed.

Second one is about creators willing to use their designs from 5thAT for this deck.
I am against.
We say this is another deck, then let's be true to this saying. Let it be Another.
What is done for 5thAT will remain for that. I want to respect both special-ness.

Flames

Hi Daphne, :)

1) I'd prefer to wait for the 5th deck to be ready, first, before starting this one. I'm also speaking from an organizer's point of view, considering I'm part of the team for the 5th AT Deck. :) However, if enough people are in, I don't think we need to wait until March either, to get started.

2) I am against designs from the 5th AT Deck for this deck. If this is a new project...then I feel that it should be a NEW project...new images...a new deck.

daphne

You will need to make sure that only one individual has the hi-res files.

It is good you brought this up early on. It is important for all of us who want to participate to have thinks clear.

As I already said, I see the making of this deck as a gift we make to each other and to the world.
No need to go into high resolutions files discussion. There will be no copyrights. The deck will be on POD website and left there 'forever', so anyone fancying having a copy can buy it, at printing costs. No ownership. It is ours, everybody's. Shared.

Of course if you would prefer this not to happen to your cards, you should not participate. But you are very welcome to have a copy when it is done. It will be our gift to you too.

Take is as a volunteer thing or charity. Your creation is a contribution to the materialization of something that will bring some joy to other people.

Besides, I dont want taking us so seriously, it is a game, it is for fun, we come here because we like it, not expecting something in return then a good time and maybe something new to learn.