wouldn't it be cool to have a marvel deck ?

HOLMES

i would like to explore this further.

i never thought of spiderman and mary jane as the lover til i saw the picture. they would be good. as well.
i was thinking further and how about this.

22. the universe would be spiderman hanging off a web looking at eternity.
21. judgement who better to hand out judgment then the tribunal. ?
20. the sun phoenix. and dark phoenix as her reversal.

why captian america would be a good heriophant
he fights for what he believes in as all hereo does. yet he alwasy represented the higher hereo all super villians fear him.
see the major arcana would be spiderman hereo journy through the major archetypes. and his reversal would be the red skull.

and the four elemtns would be the major hereos
xmen for the swords. and especially woverline as the king of swords.

fanastic four as the cups

thor as the wands.

and for the pentacles the hulk.

yes lets' work on this playing witth ideas til we get all seven 8 cards.
first let's define spider man journey through major arcanan then work in the minors arcana.
remember i said death card would be spiderman meeting death?
i see death with her hands outstretched and overlaid spiderman watching aunt may die(i cried like a baby when i read that)

only thing that worries me . we got to include the avengers in there as their own suit .

remember there is five elments . fire, earth, water, air, and ether.
avengers would be the ether suit. for they were fighting the cosmic forces. and this suit should have the infinity gualent battle in it as the nine of ether.

marvel tarot the heroes journey would suit it just fine .

and i was thinking we could after we compile it i would send it to marvel and try to get an old marvel guy like jack kirby to do it.

anyways what do you guys see at the suits, should the avengers have their own suit ?

Strange2

As mentioned previously, there was a Marvel Tarot deck produced by Lo Scarabeo: the Tarocchi Marvel.

Here's a review on Wicce's Tarot site:
http://www.wicce.com/marvel.html

And here's some scans:
http://www.wicce.com/marvelpix.html

And here's more details about the deck from my Dr. Strange site:
http://www.docstrange.com/dsssmuseum/tarocchi.asp

Speaking of Dr. Strange, I've been considering adding a Dr. Strange tarot page to our site, assigning characters from the Dr. Strange mythos to the Major Arcana. My initial thoughts on some of the assignments are:
Fool - Rintrah
Magician - Dr. Strange
High Priestess - Clea
Empress - Umar
Emperor - Dormammu
Hierophant - The Ancient One
Lovers - Dr. Strange & Clea
Hermit - The Aged Genghis
Justice - Living Tribunal
Death - Silver Dagger
Devil - Mephisto
Judgment - Vishanti ?
World - Eternity

HOLMES

aye

the aged genghis is that the old man who is crazy ? but powerful if i recall ?

aye i know i seen that one website and now looking at your sites you posted.

yet i feel in my heart that 22 major arcana will not cut it. the minors must be included i have a picture in my mind i must explore eheh.

see a sligth differnce is it would be spiderman journey through the major arcanas. considering he is one of marvels long superhereos along with fanastic four, avengers, thor, and xmen. who should of their own suits. now in retrospect perhaps the hulk can be the strenght card ? or is he already can you translate that language for me ?

interesting aspects :O)

Maan

Phoenix i'm with you on a Xman deck....Who would Wolverine be? Strength or the hanged man because he has to give up Jane?
And Xavier as the hierophant or beast Hmmmm:) :) :)

Phoenix

Who is Jane??? Maybe Rogue as Strength, I like The Dazzler as the star, or maybe Jubilee?? Jean Grey as the moon. Ir Jean and Cyclops as the lovers, or Rogue and Gambit??? Wolvering could be the King of Claws(swords). Empress Lilandra as Judgement. I see Prof X as the hierophant, and Beast as the Hermit!

Maan

LOL Phoenix
I ment Jean with Jane
I did not know how to write it so i just gave it a go ;)

Hush

an x man deck would be so cool!!

juggernaut as the chariot'd be cool...*shrugs*

Sam

great idea! if they made one, i'd buy two. one for me, and one for my dad. (even though he doesn't have a clue about how tarot works)

tempestfire

loved the marvel deck. But how about one that focused on just Thor? (Sorry that is one of my fav. comics- )
It would be cool - could depict his hammer as the justice card?
Whatdya think?

maluithil

loved the marvel deck. But how about one that focused on just Thor? (Sorry that is one of my fav. comics- )
It would be cool - could depict his hammer as the justice card?
Whatdya think?

I like the idea. I'm actually picking up the Marvel deck idea on a new thread here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=227389 and so far all my ideas are heavily Thor related, since that's where I'm coming from.