Psychology Spread

Golden Moon

This is a spread I cooked up. I hope you'll enjoy it. :)

~~~7~~~
~~~1~~~
~~2~3~~
~4~5~6~

1. Represents You
2. Represents Your Issue
3. Represents Your Mental Health
4. Represents Your Mental Ability
5. Represents Your Mental Problem
6. Represents How To Reflect On Your Problem
7. Represents How To Fix/Solve Your Problem

Haizea

Thank you, Golden Moon. This is the only thread I have found searching "psychological" (0 threads) and "psychology" (this one).

I see it is especially intended for a particular mind state, not to only analyse the psychological components of a situation. I mean, I am not a psychologist, so can't use yours. :)

poopsie

Hi Golden Moon,

I will definitely try your spread. I'm a psychologist by profession and for all of my being one, I know that I still have some psychological hang-ups which need some sorting out. I am particularly curious about how my cards would show up in the last two questions. thanks for sharing this one. Will let you know how it turns out.

Vedbeach

Thanks Haizea for bumping up this old post and thanks Golden Moon for posting it!

It could be quite useful for me too in my work though I'm not a psychologist either. The 'Mental Ability' part of the spread is really good as it add that much needed positivity with issues around mental health.

Cheers :)

Minotauro

well I might tweek it a bit so I can use it :)

thank you <3

The crowned one

Just a quick look and in all honesty it looks to be almost completely unusable in a objective way, and not too effective subjectively either. I think you would need to know "5" going in or you may begin developing psychosis and delusions, depending how seriously you take "5" to be.

What if "2" was not an issue until you put a card there?

What if I feel great but draw the "devil" or "8 of swords" for position "3"

I love the idea as a exercise, but not this execution as something to help me.

Mi-Shell

Just a quick look and in all honesty it looks to be almost completely unusable in a objective way, and not too effective subjectively either. I think you would need to know "5" going in or you may begin developing psychosis and delusions, depending how seriously you take "5" to be.

What if "2" was not an issue until you put a card there?

What if I feel great but draw the "devil" or "8 of swords" for position "3"

I love the idea as a exercise, but not this execution as something to help me.

Exactly!!
As an aid in therapy this is unusable if not dangerous!
It sure is not based on psychology just because someone posted it here as "psychology spread"

The fact, that since 09 nobody responded to it (- until today and the mention in the other thread) indicates that lots of people sensed that.

Minotauro

Exactly!!
As an aid in therapy this is unusable if not dangerous!
It sure is not based on psychology just because someone posted it here as "psychology spread"

The fact, that since 09 nobody responded to it (- until today and the mention in the other thread) indicates that lots of people sensed that.

hahaha XD well in general I think we shouldnt leave our psycological problems in the hands of tarot unless the reader is actually a trained profesional of psycologist n_n much like I dont think we should tottaly stop seeing doctors in favor of stone healing or other means of healing as something more than an extra help etc

using this method in myself I think it would kinda be like self diagnosis , but I believe tarot itselff is pretty psycological , when for example I ask for the source of the problem , and then relate the card to my situation is like seeing things I maybe didnt want to see but I alredy knew.

Vedbeach

Well I've not tried it but being quite new I didn't see the problems with it. I still think it would be nice to have a spread using psychology ideas an models as I'm from that kind of background. How do you think and ego/superego spread would work? Even if it's just for self analysis?

The crowned one

using this method in myself I think it would kinda be like self diagnosis , but I believe tarot itselff is pretty psycological , when for example I ask for the source of the problem , and then relate the card to my situation is like seeing things I maybe didnt want to see but I alredy knew.
No not at all. You created a problem, making the source based off a "fantasy" so to speak.