The Aquarian Qabalah by Naomi Ozaniec

Aeon418

Is there a consensus on what the consensus opinion is? :confused:

Actually there is. :)

QBL transliterated into English spells the word, Quibble. I think that's something we can all agree upon. ;) :laugh:

Richard

QBL transliterated into English spells the word, Quibble. I think that's something we can all agree upon. ;) :laugh:
Hmmmm, I think the hiphil of קבל really could mean quibble.

a_gnostic

That's pretty funny. :D

BTW, LRichard, your mention of "hiphil" sent me to Google which landed a "free" online textbook on learning to read Biblical Hebrew. I really wish I had time for that... Meanwhile, I really appreciate you guys chiming in occasionally with little contributions from your vast storehouses of knowledge.

Zephyros

That's pretty funny. :D

BTW, LRichard, your mention of "hiphil" sent me to Google which landed a "free" online textbook on learning to read Biblical Hebrew. I really wish I had time for that... Meanwhile, I really appreciate you guys chiming in occasionally with little contributions from your vast storehouses of knowledge.

I'm no expert, but I could help you with any question you might have that I know the answer to. Bible studies are begun at a young age here, so people have a better understanding of Biblical Hebrew than their equivalents in other countries know Old English.

Nimuehawk

The Aquarian Qabalah

I'm actually quite surprised that Naomi allowed this title change as she is quite clear that she is writing from the perspective of the Hermetic Qabalah and not seeking to in any way discuss from the viewpoint of the Kabbalah/Jewish mystical tradition.

Her training was firmly in the Western Magical Tradition and from my own reading of the book this is what the book provides.

Anyway, it is a question I shall put to her and shall also see about joining the titles together on Goodreads.

Richard

There's nothing wrong with Q for Qabalah, but for me the term "Aquarian Qabalah" has a distasteful Madonna-ish New Age ambience. Maybe the title is a sales gimmick.

Nimuehawk

There's nothing wrong with Q for Qabalah, but for me the term "Aquarian Qabalah" has a distasteful Madonna-ish New Age ambience. Maybe the title is a sales gimmick.

I can appreciate that it may have that association for you but for Naomi the term 'Aquarian' isn't a sales gimmick but something that she beleives in. 'New Age' isn't a turn-off for everyone.

I appreciate that she's integrated humanistic psychology into her material.