Symbolism meanings in the gilded tarot - Ace of Swords

PulchraElectri

I was wondering if anyone was interested in starting a discussion on the symbols and background images in the gilded deck. I have just started learning how to interpret cards not only through their names but the symbols and images in the cards themselves. I'm interested to see others views on this topic and their interpretations of them. Anyone interested?

I'll start just in case. I think the card that I find hardest to interpret is the ace of swords because there is not much imagery in the card other than the sword, scabbard, and blue ribbon. In this instance it's more of relying on the colors in the card. The sword is a gorgous mix of gold and black design and I love the blue jewels in it. The chain circling around the front of the sword makes me feel like there is a binding (if that makes sense) The gold to me symbolizes a positive energy. But then you have the stormy gray blue clouds behind the storm. Just to see the background makes me kind of sleepy and a little depressed like rainy days do. I think this can tie into the meaning of the card. There is so much potential with the ace of swords, it can be double-edged though. I think the clouds show the uncertainty of which way the energy of the card can be used.

Anyway these are just my thoughts and impression. I hope to hear others insights and feelings on this card and other cards in the deck they find fascinating based on the symbols and images :)

DoreeninFl

ace of swords

Hi,
I am a newbie to the Tarot, but I get a positive vibe from this card because of the pale blue ribbon. I feel that the card means that even though times are tough right now, the ribbon gives hope. That's my take and as I said, I am new to this.

PulchraElectri

Hi,
I am a newbie to the Tarot, but I get a positive vibe from this card because of the pale blue ribbon. I feel that the card means that even though times are tough right now, the ribbon gives hope. That's my take and as I said, I am new to this.

That's a really positive way of looking at the card :) I like it. The color blue has always been calming for me. I like the blue myself. I think the only thing that makes me feel depressed is just the gray clouds. It just reminds me of rainy days with little sunlight shining through.

DoreeninFl

Ace of Swords

Yes, I agree about the clouds..a bit dreary for sure. But then, the sword really seems to outshine the clouds. As I said, I am very new to this and am trying to learn my way around these cards.

Now the Two of Swords...the woman is very blindfolded by a heavy gold band. Unable to see what she needs to decide? Something like that?

PulchraElectri

Yes, I agree about the clouds..a bit dreary for sure. But then, the sword really seems to outshine the clouds. As I said, I am very new to this and am trying to learn my way around these cards.

The sword does stick out with all that gold. What I get most out of it is it may be someone going through a rough time but who will emerge out of it and be ok, or someone who has been through a rough time and is just now emerging to the brighter side of things.

Sulis

Moderator note

Hi folks,

It's really good to see you reviving this study group but in Tarot Study Groups it's important to keep threads to just one card or topic - future study group users can easily find what they're looking for that way.

There is an index of threads in this study group at the top of this subforum: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=27174

Could you please keep this thread to the discussion of the Ace of Swords?
I've moved the posts on the 2 of Swords to a new thread HERE (click)

The Tarot Study Groups posting guidelines are at the top of Tarot Study Groups and also at the top of each of the Individual Deck Studies forums HERE (click).

Please let me know by PM when a new thread is started so that I can add a link to the index thread.

Sulis - Study Groups moderator

DoreeninFl

Ooooops....sorry

I'm new and not sure how to start a thread yet, but will confine my posts here to the Ace of Swords.

Sulis

I'm new and not sure how to start a thread yet, but will confine my posts here to the Ace of Swords.

Hi DoreeninFl,

Welcome to the forum :).

The Two of Swords thread is now HERE (click) - Two of Swords

To start a new thread you just go to the forum you want to post in and click the 'New Thread' button at the top of the list of posts :).

Sulis - moderator

Spiderwoman

Gilded Tarot

Hi
I often see the clouds as symbolic of thoughts/worries that are clouding my judgement and the sword as a tool to cut through the "fog"
A good post. I have been reading with the Gilded Tarot for almost 6 months now and am interested to see others thoughts on the cards!
spiderwoman

DoreeninFl

New Thread

Hi DoreeninFl,

Welcome to the forum :).

The Two of Swords thread is now HERE (click) - Two of Swords

To start a new thread you just go to the forum you want to post in and click the 'New Thread' button at the top of the list of posts :).

Sulis - moderator

Thank you Sulis!