Barley's Timing Spread

Barleywine

Not that I can remember. I made notes on the timing spread but not lead up to it. And I'm looking at my notes for the other timing spreads I did and am also missing that information as well, in the other spreads, as the cards in the line. Darn it.

I like to take digital photos of my spreads if I think it might be useful. It saves writing those details down since I keep them in a folder on my PC.

freyapax08

I like to take digital photos of my spreads if I think it might be useful. It saves writing those details down since I keep them in a folder on my PC.

Smart!

Barleywine

I have another idea for some "control testing" on this. Pick something you know the timing of, like an event you already have scheduled and know the date (barring a cancellation). I'm thinking something like "When will I see the doctor next?" and do a timing spread to see if it coincides with the scheduled appointment. I'm not big on contrived testing, but it's another way to validate this method, at least in a small way.

freyapax08

I have another idea for some "control testing" on this. Pick something you know the timing of, like an event you already have scheduled and know the date (barring a cancellation). I'm thinking something like "When will I see the doctor next?" and do a timing spread to see if it coincides with the scheduled appointment. I'm not big on contrived testing, but it's another way to validate this method, at least in a small way.

Hmmm there's a thought. I'll see what happens here in a bit and get back with you.

freyapax08

Alrighty, I have a doctor's appointment coming up. So I asked for insight regarding my upcoming appointment.

Wheel of Fortune - 6 of Cups - Knight of Pentacles

This is an oncology follow up, and after this visit I am one visit away from being proclaimed cured. I've been making this appointments between 2 and 4 times a year for over 4 years (takes 5 years to get the all clear). So ... I see these cards as quite positive. I don't read them as Past - Present - Future more of a item 1 + item 2 = item 3. So my "outcome" card here is the Knight, nothing exciting, but checking one more uneventful visit off my To Do List like a responsible person.

The elemental timing you mentioned would have Pents as years which in this case is ridiculous, even if I cared to modify it by the cups to speed that up a bit. So I defaulted to weeks, which I'm not sure I'd do if I didn't already know when the appointment was. So there might be a bit of a niggle there.

Anyway, so with my significator Knight of Pentacles and my unit of time as weeks, I dealt out the spread.

Knight of Pentacles was found in the 10th pile. In fact was on top of the 10th pile. Which to me, points back to do this appointment happening just because its supposed to. It was set 6 months ago, and is just one step along the way to completion.

When shuffled and dealt on the line of 6 the Knight showed up on the first card, Queen of Cups.

So, given my unit of time, first pass had my appointment at "Within 10 weeks". Each card in the line then signified 1.6 Weeks. Knight fell on the first card so my appointment is in 1.6 weeks (approximately 11 days) give or take a bit.

In reality my appointment is on August 24th - 16 days from today. So sooner than 2 line cards worth (3.2 weeks)

I believe astrology wise the Knight of Pents is a Virgo card? Which starts August 22nd.

In this case I'd call this a hit for sure. But with foreknowledge of the appointment date of course.

Barleywine

In this case I'd call this a hit for sure. But with foreknowledge of the appointment date of course.

Looks that way to me.

I'm trying something similar but a bit less predictable. Once a month my wife visits her mother, who is in an Alzheimer's facility three States away. She goes with her sister, who has Wednesdays off. They haven't set up their August visit, so I did a spread using "days" as the time-frame. The significator came up in the 11th pile (within 11 days), and landed in the 5th slot in the line (within 7-to-9 days). This would bring the projected visit to August 15-17. The 15th is a Wednesday, which would meet the expectation. Her mother has been failing, and the modifier card for the significator was the Hierophant; her mother is a devout Catholic, so I hope this isn't showing the "last rites." Will report back on that when I know more.

freyapax08

Okay I can already tell there is going to be an issue here with selecting the appropriate time unit.

The first reading I did was about when I would next see a guy face to face. It's been over 2 months since I saw him last, when I did the reading there was no sign that I'd be seeing him again soon. The answer I got from the spread was that I'd see him face to face in 6.5 weeks. Then this morning he made a date with me to see him on Thursday at lunch time. Which makes it pretty much exactly 6.5 DAYS. LOL!

So now I'm wondering if there is a way to, ahead of time, have the cards tell me what unit of measurement would best be used.

So I can confirm this did indeed wind up being 6.5 days instead of 6.5 weeks. Saw him today and he was VERY Kings of Cups like (which was the significator for him in this spread - and which I ALSO got as the Base card in a 3 card draw I did last night asking what I could expect from today's visit).

Barleywine

So I can confirm this did indeed wind up being 6.5 days instead of 6.5 weeks. Saw him today and he was VERY Kings of Cups like (which was the significator for him in this spread - and which I ALSO got as the Base card in a 3 card draw I did last night asking what I could expect from today's visit).

Interesting. The interval was correct but the scale was off by a factor of one. It looks like the interpolation is workable, what's needed is a more precise way than intuition to decide what the time-frame assumption should be. I'm afraid it will probably have to remain in "SWAG" territory for now.

freyapax08

Interesting. The interval was correct but the scale was off by a factor of one. It looks like the interpolation is workable, what's needed is a more precise way than intuition to decide what the time-frame assunption should be. I'm afraid it will probably have to remain in "SWAG" territory for now.

Yup. Considering its precision, though, I feel pretty good about practicing with it and seeing if I get a better intuitive grip on determining the time unit needed. Cause, whoa.

Barleywine

Sad Confirmation

My wife learned today that her father is "actively" dying (whatever that means, I thought shutdown of bodily functions "de-activates" them). I did this timing spread a few weeks ago when he slowly started to slip, and it showed he would pass "within 3 weeks," which will be up this coming Monday. Last week he went into hospice care and on morphine. The care-givers say it could be between today (Saturday) and a couple more days. He's 90 years old, so it's not a surprise but the timing was previously uncertain. Not the kind of confirmation that I would prefer, but there it is.