Who wants a cheap, wipe-clean, on-the-go Marseilles?

Le Fanu

Mine isn´t in that big box. It came in a very compact box quite large, same size as the cards (but then the cards themselves are large) with a kind of "lift off" lid á la Kat Black´s Golden / Quantum tarot boxes. Nice thick, substantial box (linked in my first post). I felt it was sold as a kind of basic, no frills deck in the run up to Xmas. If the book was anything like the LWB it was just laughable....

It feels quite plastic to the touch; I can´t help thinking it would be a bit sharp if it was trimmed. Fronts would look great though, but surely the weird "dolphiny-cups-swords-anything-whatsoever-chaotically-crammed" backs would lose a bit?

rwcarter said:
And every time I say "there's no more room" something else comes in and I manage to find more room for it. :D

Rodney

Funny you should say that Rodney, I kept saying that the other week, then bought myself some tarot shelves on Monday and now have LOADS of shelf space to fill...

Lovely feeling...

gregory

rwcarter said:
gregory,

Yes, that's the box I'm talking about. First off, it's purple. The card(?) board is a nice weight. It's purple. :) It's roomy. And did I mention it's purple? :laugh:

Taking a better look at the box, I can see how once it starts to go, it will disintegrate in very little time. But right now my box is in perfect condition.

And it's purple. })

Rodney
I too am very fond of purple. My daughter was married in it, too. BUT - most of the box is not purple; it is bits of cards..... and as you say, it will fall apart - though to be fair, mine hasn't.

But I hope you got the faux satin cloth, too. That was purple as well ! :D

conversus

That Cheap and indestructible Tarot Deck (Marseille)

Le Fanu said:
Those of you who want a seriously wipe-clean, good quality, cheap Convers Marseilles to sling in your bag, I think this is wonderful deck. The box is thick card and is like the Golden Tarot/ Pocket Universal Waite box; lift-off top. Very compact. The cards will last forever...

My copy of this arrived today, from the book depository LTD. It cost only $7.82 and I was quite surprised at the free shipping and that it took only 5 days to arrive!

I have the other Thunderbay printing of this deck, but I don't think that those cards are laminated. Even if they are, these came with a kool box.

I tried to visit the de-enabling arena over this one, but was moved late one night when I should have been singing the office!

CED

moderndayruth

conversus said:
I tried to visit the de-enabling arena over this one, but was moved late one night when I should have been singing the office!

CED
}) :p

Congrats on your choice, its a great deck! I enjoy reading mine... and i'm glad you too got the cool box (without the bizzare book ;)).

Emily

I found this deck out last night, still wrapped in its purple reading cloth - it never got put into storage with the other decks. It would make a fantastic starter deck for someone just beginning with the Marseille system. The book is pure RWS though.

gregory

I want the cool box :(

nisaba

gregory said:
I want the cool box :(
You can have the cool box of your dreams. Just buy it, take the cards out, and send them to me. I'll dispose of them safely for you.

I make thjis offer to everyone - I'm not doing the nepotism thing.

gregory

I'd actually be delighted - I have the deck and even a backup as my TdM in Canada (it was so damn CHEAP !) But I want to be SURE of getting the cool box.

Truly, Nissie - if I find one, the deck from within is yours ! :*

ETA and if it comes with the Lyle book, you can damn well take that as well. It really is AWFUL.

nisaba

<pulls face> Gregory, this isn't supposed to be the way it works! After a suggestion like mine, you're meant to hiss at me and throw cyberbricks at my head! I'm all of a fluster, now - I have no idea how to cope with this strange and unbearable behaviour.

gregory

nisaba said:
<pulls face> Gregory, this isn't supposed to be the way it works! After a suggestion like mine, you're meant to hiss at me and throw cyberbricks at my head! I'm all of a fluster, now - I have no idea how to cope with this strange and unbearable behaviour.
Listen - if you had seen the book, you would.....

I just want this box. But 3 copies of the deck are just too many. Besides, I still feel bad about when you - you know.... ;)

But hey - have a cyberbrick if you want. })