The Shaman's Oracle by John Matthews

Wendywu

Mine hasn't shipped and still says it is due on the 8th April.

I do sometimes wonder if it's worth pre-ordering from Amazon UK - one always has to wait such ages before the deck finally staggers up the path!

oak_woman

Ah yes, but we get to look forward to the deck's arrival for that much longer :D

victoria.star

dear dvorah,
i received both the Heart of Faerie and the Shaman Oracle on the same day.
While they are very different, I do hope you give the Shaman Oracle some time.
John Matthews says the art is meant to help people access the images easier...Look deeply into the card and you will see what he means.
The Heart of Faerie is nice.
The Shaman Oracle can blow your socks off. :love:

dvorah ophir said:
thanks lark for your scans.
i do have to say that maby i regret buying it because i realy dont like the art.
maybe will think difrently when i do receive it. it was shiped last week and takes about 14 days to arrive to israel.
if i realy hate it i will buy the heart of faerie oracle to recompece myself.
(is it a real word or did i invent more new english?)
hope for sure that i love it.will give it the time.
dvorah

lark

Today I was on You Tube and for the heck of it I searched under "cave art" and spent way too much time going from one cave to another looking at the beautiful paintings.
I saw some of the pictures in the deck too.

dvorah ophir

victoria.star said:
dear dvorah,
i received both the Heart of Faerie and the Shaman Oracle on the same day.
While they are very different, I do hope you give the Shaman Oracle some time.
John Matthews says the art is meant to help people access the images easier...Look deeply into the card and you will see what he means.
The Heart of Faerie is nice.
The Shaman Oracle can blow your socks off. :love:
thanks so much for your encoreging words, and for your warm recomendation of the shaman oracle.obviosly i am looking forward to receiving them and juging for myself.at the end it is a mutter of taste.but you make me so want to have them and see for myself...

victoria.star

yes, true. it does become a personal matter, i believe. and i am not trying to discourage from Froud's deck as it is beautiful and lovely.
i just had such a strong connection with the Shaman's Oracle that i probably got carried away in my own emotions! :)
diversity is the spice of life, i believe and if everyone loved the same deck in the same way, we would be stuck in a rut.

:love:i do hope my emotional Hurrahs! for the Shaman's Oracle haven't misled anyone or hurt any feelings or created any conflict or been misunderstood in any way. :love:

dvorah ophir said:
thanks so much for your encoreging words, and for your warm recomendation of the shaman oracle.obviosly i am looking forward to receiving them and juging for myself.at the end it is a mutter of taste.but you make me so want to have them and see for myself...

BodhiSeed

Victoria.star, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for enabling me to get the Shaman's Oracle!:heart: I love the way light is used in these cards! They do pull you in...
My cards had a bit of a "bubble in the lamination" issue, but just in the outer borders, so I decided I would do a borderectomy rather than send them back. I used the borders on the back of the cards as a guide. I'm glad I did cut them off, as I can really step into the images now. My daughter scanned these for me (they are a bit jammed together, but since she is recovering from the flu, I didn't want to ask her to redo them!:)):
http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u211/kawaii_equals_disney/?action=view&current=tarotscan.jpg

inanna_tarot

Bodhran! I love your 'borderectomy' (love that phrase!)... the images really leap out!

BodhiSeed

inanna_tarot said:
Bodhran! I love your 'borderectomy' (love that phrase!)... the images really leap out!
Thanks Inanna_tarot!:heart: I'm hoping the pic will enable someone else! :D

HearthCricket

I love it without the borders! Well done! I am disappointed that the borders are different colours according to their grouping, so maybe I will give mine a trimming too, when this awful cold is gone. It makes the images pop and so much more powerful. Thank you for sharing the pics of them!