Zirkus Magi

Freder

Funded!

As of 5:00 PM EST yesterday, the Kickstarter project to fund the deck ended successfully! Now the work (and the fun) starts.

It will be two weeks before I see any of the money -- that's how Kickstarter works -- but by the time it turns up in my bank I should be all set to go and the files should go to the printer soon after. I have worked with them before, and can tell you that they are fast. I believe that I'm being conservative when I predict that the deck will be ready to start shipping by mid-September.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen!!

-- DT --

Onyx

I am so glad to be one of the backers and I am way looking forward to the deck. It is amazing in the scans and I am really excited to see it in person.

I also am enchanted by the oracle deck that I got with it too. Both have a real look to them that is unique and really added to the tarot world in a new way.

Congrats on the successful campaign and can't wait to see the final result.

Onyx.

karen0205

As of 5:00 PM EST yesterday, the Kickstarter project to fund the deck ended successfully! Now the work (and the fun) starts.

It will be two weeks before I see any of the money -- that's how Kickstarter works -- but by the time it turns up in my bank I should be all set to go and the files should go to the printer soon after. I have worked with them before, and can tell you that they are fast. I believe that I'm being conservative when I predict that the deck will be ready to start shipping by mid-September.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen!!

-- DT --

I am glad that the project funded. I contributed also. I am excited to get the deck.
One thing you could mention to Kickstarter is that there should be a way for people to contribute
and pick multiple rewards. I wanted to add something later and had to set up another account
and buy it under another email address because there was no way to add another perk!
I would be willing to bet that you lost out on some sales because people couldn't go back later and buy more.

Congratulations, I am excited that the project is moving forward.

Freder

I expect to be able to pick up the finished decks this coming week and will start shipping almost immediately.

I am now taking pre-orders for the remaining decks at the page below -- but please keep in mind that these new pre-orders will not ship until all the Kickstarter backers have been shipped their rewards -- probably late September.

The first edition is limited to 500 copies, of which about 150+ are already spoken for by Kickstarter backers.

Pre-order here: http://circustarot.blogspot.com/p/ordering-information.html ; you can also see pictures of every card image and of the printed deck press proofs.

Thanks, everyone, for making this dream possible!

DT

Freder

The last of the Kickstarter and pre-orders will go into the mails tomorrow, so I'm happy and proud to say that the deck is now available to all for immediate shipping. Done & Done!

http://circustarot.blogspot.com

The Happy Squirrel

Can I confirm if the book applies to the majors only.....?
Thanks!!!

Freder

I thought I replied to this, but I don't see it here. Yes, the existing book is for the Majors only. I'm working on a second that will be completely different and cover the whole deck. No ETA on that as yet -- I have a LONG way to go on it....

DT

Freder

Just did my first post-Kickstarter inventory. Only 80 copies remain of the Majors deck, and it will definitely never be reprinted in this life or any other. Exactly 301 copies remain of the full deck and although I've learned never to say never the fact is I don't want to do this all over again. I wouldn't rule out a mass-market version published by someone else, but U.S. Games, Llewellyn and Lo Scarabeo aren't exactly beating down my door. So, my sense is that the "First Edition" will be the only edition, and when they're gone, they're gone. Just sayin'. http://circustarot.blogspot.com . It's the greatest show unearthed!

mayan

Unearthed, Indeed!

I am a long time lurker - learning, being enable and de-enabled silently in the shadows for several months - but I am moved by having received and just gone through your deck - and will scuttle forth for this my first ever post.

I congratulate you on steering your vision into the safe port of manifestation. While I wax rhapsodic below -suffice it to say that nothing in my months of lurkerhood have moved me to write before quite as much as the Zirkus Magi.

It's an amazing deck, my friend...clever -funny at times- and just abundantly spot-on in it's imagery - conveying the power of the Tarot as profoundly and vivdly as any deck I have owned or looked at. Highly subjective (of course). I can easily and quickly tire of "theme" decks but this one -at least for me- is multi-dimensional and there is an underlying power thrumming in the images cards that works synergistically with the them of the Carnival. Putting the "fun" back in "Profundity." How cool is that? In keeping with other decks -somewhat- and yet strikingly original. Caveat: All of the above is based on a quick go-through. I haven't read with 'em yet nor have I pondered and scryed the imagery and symbolism deeply. I think that there will be much to explore.

I am fortunate enough to have both the 22 and the 78 decks. Quick reaction - I like the changes that you have made. I won't spoil any of the surprise regarding the deck for others but I will say that the way you imaged the World Card as the Whole Show is one of my favs. Needless to say, the quality of the art and thoughtfulness of the imagery shows how much care, craft and work you put into the deck. Just sayin'. Well done! Oh yeah - I was the guy who contacted you by email after blowing-off the Kickstarter entreaties due to intense travels. Whew! Glad I got that straightened out!!

"Life is a Carnival, two bits a shot"...The Band