Zirkus Magi

The Happy Squirrel

I'm amused by the fact that literally everything you've mentioned as a "pro", I see as a "con" in this deck. I love the images and love that I have it, but the card stock, finish, size, lack of borders and keywords (or are they titles?) are all things I have to ignore or get past in order to enjoy the images.

I haven't worked with it yet. I plan to give it a workout soon.

Ha! I am not for high gloss cardstock but in this instance it seem to work with the images. So it is a visual 'pro' more than anything. I dislike how high gloss cards shuffle.

But I trim decks all the time to remove borders and sometimes titles and/or keywords.

Yelell

The Zirkus Magi I have is the roadshow version - It's linen finish, and I wouldn't call it high gloss. It shuffles very well :) The titles I actually like in this instance, and I love the no borders.

prudence

Ha! I am not for high gloss cardstock but in this instance it seem to work with the images. So it is a visual 'pro' more than anything. I dislike how high gloss cards shuffle.

But I trim decks all the time to remove borders and sometimes titles and/or keywords.

Feel the same about the gloss in this particular deck. It does work. I also like the titles, it is clear that Freder knows his way around a tarot deck, and that helps a lot in how well this deck reads. The titles add to the reading rather than detract from or hinder it.

The Happy Squirrel

Ah. Didn't realise there are different versions. I think I have the initial edition and I love it!

Freder

... and if it wasn't confusing enough, there are now THREE versions. I've just released the "Distressed" Edition Zirkus Mägi!

In all production aspects (card stock etc) it is the same as the Roadshow Edition -- but this version is all grunged and beat up. It looks like it's been dropped in a bucket of water, left out in the sun, and buried by the light of a full moon. It is very, very "damaged" indeed.

If you like the idea of a deck that looks like its been around the block a time or three (but is still fresh and supple), this is right up your street.

Also new this week is TINKER'S DAMN LENORMAND, and I've unveiled a bevy of new projects, including THE ARTHUR RACKHAM ORACLE. So lots new to see at the site:

www.tarotbyducksoup.com

I thank you.

DT

Le Fanu

Goodies in store! Love the idea of the Illustrated Lombardy. Can't wait to see that one. Glad I held out. I don't want to see the distressed Zirkus Magi because I really don't need to be tempted.

The Zirkus Magi & Punch are two of my favourite decks, always at hand.

Freder

I've just completed "stage 1" of a complete re-design for the website. A big job! A lot of work goes in to making a website simple! It's been a process of finding workarounds for the limitations imposed by the host, while still trying to create something that's functional for more people and at least a little bit stylish.

At this point I can still go back to the old version if this proves unpopular. So (he says nervously) feedback is welcome.

Check it out: www.tarotbyducksoup.com

RiverRunsDeep

I've just completed "stage 1" of a complete re-design for the website. A big job! A lot of work goes in to making a website simple! It's been a process of finding workarounds for the limitations imposed by the host, while still trying to create something that's functional for more people and at least a little bit stylish.

At this point I can still go back to the old version if this proves unpopular. So (he says nervously) feedback is welcome.

Check it out: www.tarotbyducksoup.com

Wow, Freder! That is a HUGE improvement. Better organized and easier to navigate. :thumbsup:

Freder

Just an update on quantities for the original Majors-Only Edition, and the First Edition full deck:

Only 300 copies of the original Majors-Only edition were printed; fewer than 60 remain.

Only 500 copies of the First Edition (full 72 card deck) were printed; fewer than 120 remain.

When these editions of the Zirkus are gone, they're gone forever.

www.tarotbyducksoup.com

feynrir

Don't mean to "repurpose" this thread or anything, but I do have a momentary question! :D

I really, really want to purchase this deck. It's called to me strongly for a while now. But which full-deck version do I choose?? Original (large, high-gloss), Roadshow, or the Distressed?

Which have all of you chosen, and why would you recommend it over the other versions? Thank you! :)