Llewellyn's new card stock

katey

I'm interested to hear what everyone thinks of Llewellyn's new card stock. I just got my first deck with this new card stock, and I'm unsure as to how I feel about it.

I like that it's sturdier, I like that it's not glossy/plasticky.. but they aren't at all slick or smooth and don't move as nicely in the hand and against one another. It kind of feels like the edges are going to come apart or split.

I've only had this deck for the afternoon, so I am also interested in hearing about how others have found the cards to stand up over time and use.

Alta

Would you mind saying which deck it is? I have not bought a Llewellyn deck for a while.

katey

Would you mind saying which deck it is? I have not bought a Llewellyn deck for a while.

It's the Green Witch Tarot, but I'm not cure that the stock of this deck has always been like this. I think it is just the newer printings. I know the Animal Totem is the new card stock.

hedface

It's the Green Witch Tarot, but I'm not cure that the stock of this deck has always been like this. I think it is just the newer printings. I know the Animal Totem is the new card stock.

I have the Animal Totem, and I agree. The cardstock isn't BAD, per se, but I did find that after a few overhand shuffles the cards are bent significantly. It's sort of unwieldy for me as well, as I have small hands.

Barleywine

This is good to know if I happen to buy another Llewellyn deck. "Hand-feel" is an important part of the experience for me: the ideal feel is not too slippery, not too bulky, no "sticky edges," not too stiff or flimsy.

gregory

I have Greenwitch and Animal Totem - and I have to say that I have ALWAYS found Llewellyn stock creases very easily. I hadn't noticed a change, in fact.

Nina*

I have Greenwitch and Animal Totem - and I have to say that I have ALWAYS found Llewellyn stock creases very easily. I hadn't noticed a change, in fact.

They are VERY different from the old cardstock, gregory.

I won't exatcly say I don't like it, but I did prefer the old one.

gregory

I'll go get some out later, then. But I have always disliked Llewellyn stock, so....

cbiz83

I very recently got the Llewellyn Classic Tarot set--within the past 2 weeks. I'm not sure what their old cardstock was like, but this is thin. It's not a glossy finish, which I've decided I like because they feel good in the hands. But, their thinness makes them a bit hard to shuffle, in my opinion. There's not much sticking, but I worry that this deck won't last too long if I use it daily.

gregory

OK - I got out my old Mystic Dreamer (a deck I have used a lot) and my Greenwitch. The decks are the EXACT same depth - and I find the card stock very VERY similar. Too easy to crease - but I don't see this huge difference. What deck are others comparing with ? Because Mystic Dreamer has been out a LONG time now. It can't be on this "new" stock.

Now the older ones that I have where the cards are much larger - they are different stock - but that's at least partly because the cards are larger. But other than those.... Name a deck, Nina*....