Llewellyn's new card stock

ZKEI

Linestrider??

I did buy the Animal Totem and DO NOT like this kind of cardstock at all :( . I prefer the old ones, even only with its gliding propety alone.

Could anyone please describe the cardstock of the Linestrider Tarot (recent edition published by Llewellyn)? I've seen some have already got their Linestrider deck, but don't know whether the cardstock will be the same as the Animal Totem's or not.

:)

MaeWasteland

My Green Witch came :D The box had a nice, sturdy insert that kept the cards nice and snug, which I think means it's the new card stock? Overall it seems like nice enough card, not incredible, but a nice level of smoothness without feeling like it's just going to slip out of my hands. My main quibble is it seems like the edges are way sharper than other decks I've got - I shuffled it (bog standard hand-over-hand way, not sure what to call that) a bit and I've now got a sore spot on the inside of my right middle finger where it felt like the edges were digging into it. Not sure if there's any way to soften them a little, short of sandpaper... (Hmm, would that work?)

Winterchild

I got the Green Witch for Christmas on the old new cardstock... and I thought it was amazing lol... coudn;t stop shuffling it... I also love the deck itself and after reading a thread or two here I thought I may not...but back to the point... I also have The Animal Totem on the new thick cardboardy cardstock and I *LOVE* it!!!! The closest I have to it in another deck is the Piatnik Wien Tarot I think but that's old... So I love both these cardstocks... for some reason I cannot picture the Shadowscapes on the new thick stuff. I have a video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT96kw8Hppg

And I actually compare the cardstock of my Green Witch and the new thick stuff of my Animal Totem.

Oh and the new boxes are good too!!!!

My only LLewellyn complaint now is some of their older decks have very faint printing... The Arthurian Legend for example...it is so faint compared to the first edition... wish they would re-release that...

feynrir

I'm really hoping to experience this new stock sometime soon. I wonder how one can have the best luck in doing so while ordering online...? I'm not sure if the deck or the seller is the more important factor in the product turning out to be on the new stock.

Advice, opinions? :)

Luna's Crone

I'm really hoping to experience this new stock sometime soon. I wonder how one can have the best luck in doing so while ordering online...? I'm not sure if the deck or the seller is the more important factor in the product turning out to be on the new stock.

Advice, opinions? :)

make sure how amazon words the item, then that is what they have to send you.
I like the book depository, their good at describing. free shipping. and if they don't have it, they my recommend another company.

But i still usually order thru here to amazon.

lalalibra

Any further impressions on the durability and overall feel of this new cardstock?

It's been a few months since this thread was started, and I'm wondering how your cards are holding up... For example, are you finding the edges of any of your decks to chip/peel more easily than before?

Yellow

Any further impressions on the durability and overall feel of this new cardstock?

It's been a few months since this thread was started, and I'm wondering how your cards are holding up... For example, are you finding the edges of any of your decks to chip/peel more easily than before?

I have the Green Witch on the new card stock. It is holding up fine in my case, I have not seen any chipping or peeling but the touch and handling of it is just very unpleasant in comparison to the old, much smoother card stock. I'm glad I managed to get the Anna K before they changed it!

Miss Divine

The only Llewellyn deck I have with the new cardstock is the Linestrider. To be honest I only briefly used it and put it back in it's box. I was never fond of Llewellyn cardstock, but I did prefer it over the new one.

gregory

I just got the Linestrider. It's the first I have had with the new stock and it is pretty dreadful. I shall have to buy fanning powder; the cards are clumping like mad, and they are so stiff they will crease if I try and riffle them into submission. NOT good, Llewellyn. :(

Le Fanu

I have the Modern Spellcaster's tarot. Nice art, nice concept but the cards are just one step away from paper.

I think Llewellyn is the only tarot publisher which has progressively got worse and worse in every aspect. It's like they haven't learnt anything in the last 10 years. It's like one shoddiness after another. There was the bag, the boxes, the cardstock, the teenage witchiness of the themes - crikey - what else will they find to make a mess of?

No other tarot publisher has consistently not heard what everyone else is saying about them.