Urban Tarot

ana luisa

Sorry for taking so much time to write this long overdue reply ...

starlightexp - thank you so much for the detailed and practical info. I was looking for something like that because the video reviews can be deceiving especially if the narrator has small hands :D It was funny to see that you somehow "read my mind". I am a trimmer so cutting out the border was/is something that I may seriously consider .

gregory - yes, I knew you would have it :) Still curious as to how it reads, its flow.

Enlightenment23 - oh, man, you REALLY love this deck !!! :D I can understand how. It is funky and in-you-face. Colorful and upbeat. And the reading you mentioned does seem like the language it speaks. Not literal meanings but intuitive mostly. Thank you for that ! :thumbsup:

VGimlet - thank you for your take on the Urban. I am a fan of modern takes on the cards especially because they help me relate them more to our reality.

sphynx131 - Hope you like it ! Let us know how you 2 get along !!!

BlueLotus and BodhiSeed - I took your advice and bought the app . Now, to my first impressions :

The app, as was to be expected is quite good and very userfriendly. Fool's dog apps are simply awesome ! The images are nice, crisp and colorful and can be zoomed so I can check on the little details. And the big plus, I get the book as well !!! And in this particular case, it helps A LOT with the cards knowing the inspiration and story behind the images. So a HUGE thank you for your suggestion !!!

Now, to the outcome: it seems we didn't jive after all. :( I am still in love with the renditions, the concept, the art. R. Scott is an amazing artist and I can imagine this deck being a favorite of many seasoned readers but it does not really want to talk to me... It felt flat, and the oneliners were not as deep as I expected (if this makes any sense). I'm not giving up on it, though. I will keep using the app to see if we need some more time to feel comfortable with each other. Also, I have noticed that I do not read well with apps. It sounds finicky but there's something about them that makes my intuition get "dull". I've tried comparing readings with a paper version X app version of the same deck and there was an enormous difference. Too bad for me: apps are so affordable...
Well, just wanted to give you FB on your advice and thank you for it. I hope in time, we'll click ! ;)

Ana Luisa

G6

BIG THUMBS UP!

Im in E23's camp I'm loving this deck even though I just got it. Perfectly fits my modern urban deck hole in my collection. Love the titles. Love the size 2.5 x 4 inches. I wish this size was more popular for tarot decks. It's perfect for handling and table space conservation.

GREAT DECK! šŸ˜Š