Urban Tarot - mass market version

BodhiSeed

Just got a notice that Robin Scott's Urban Tarot will be available in a mass market edition:

I'm very happy to be able to announce that there will be a brand new edition of The Urban Tarot coming in 2017, to be published through U.S. Games Systems. I've just recently signed an agreement with them, and I'm delighted to be working with a company that has such great track record. If you haven't heard of U.S. Games, pick up the nearest tarot deck you have at hand--chances are pretty good it bears their logo on the box.

The arrangement I've made is a bit unusual for the publisher; I'm told they rarely work with artists who do their own product designs and layout. So I gather I'll be the first to work with them directly on designing the deck at every stage. I'll be creating the new card and border designs, the box, and the guidebook to be included with the set. We're still in early discussions on what the details will be, but I wanted to let you know that I've been listening to a number of the very legitimate criticisms people have had about the first edition decks, and I'll be doing my best to respond to them. The new edition will feature larger cards, with less prominent borders, and as implied above, it will include a version of the guidebook packaged with the deck.

http://www.robinscottart.com/projects/the-urban-tarot/

Linfang

Great news. I only own the Fool's Dog app and would really like to own the physical deck. Of all "modern" decks I like this one the most. The choice of illustration is so clever and even though I don't have any relation to NY I get the ideas intuitively.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Happy Squirrel

What great news!
This deck is dearest to me and close to my heart.
The labeling on each card is the most useful, effective, clean, and clear I have ever experienced. Having said that I am very happy to hear that the border might be less overpowering, and the painting larger.
Very much looking forward to it, although I already have several copies of the Urban Tarot at the moment.

mercuryempress

YAYYYY I will be looking out for the USgames version of this deck.
I love this deck but it is too small for me I would definitely use the deck more in a larger size.

G6

I'd like this deck. Not a fan of oversized cards and won't purchase if they are too cumbersome/awkward to shuffle. IMHO, please use the iPhone 7 as a maximum size guide. BTW, congratulations!

Enlightenment23

Got that notice as well. It was inevitable! Such a beautiful deck and everyone knows I'm a big fan :)

JadePixie

This deck looks awesome, definitely one I hope to acquire in the coming year!

Cocobird55

Looking forward to it.

garmonbozia

Great news! I've always regretted not backing this Kickstarter, and now I'll be able to get the deck and book together in a kit.

VampTarot23

I wonder how this is going? Hope to get it this year!