"Nigel Jackson Tarot".

DownUnderNZer

If anyone has this deck - how do you find it as a Tarot deck overall?

1) How do you find the artwork, images, and colors? (I like what I have seen so far).
2) How good is it for reading?
3) What are the positives or negatives you find of having this deck?

DND :)

G6

If anyone has this deck - how do you find it as a Tarot deck overall?

1) How do you find the artwork, images, and colors? (I like what I have seen so far).
2) How good is it for reading?
3) What are the positives or negatives you find of having this deck?

I LOVE the artwork on this deck! Totally awesome! I've had really good readings with it. The only negative is that it is OOP, so I don't use it as often because of that.

PS - I think this thread should be in the decks section.

MissChiff

I love this deck but the cards are really big.

DownUnderNZer

I saw a trimmed one on YouTube a few hours ago - it was AMAZING! And it did look the PERFECT size after being trimmed.

Unfortunately, I am not that brave to do something like that to any deck.

G6

Yes, this is a negative for me too that the cards are oversized and more square. Not great for handling. Mine is from back when Llewellyn printed decent decks, so the cardstock/printing is quite nice.

decan

Nigel Jackson artworks are for my taste!
I haven't this deck because OOP and too expensive (and I have to nourish a young dog very hungry and ruinous :D ), and also there is something that bothers me a bit: I'm not certain but I believe Swords are associated with Fire and Wands with Air in this deck.

Well, great deck in any case!

DownUnderNZer

I think you are right, but I was never good at the elements so for me not really an issue plus I saw the 3 of Swords and no different to the RW really except the color is like "fire". But with air, fire, earth and whatever the other one is - not a real problem as I do not use them. :D

Nigel Jackson artworks are for my taste!
I haven't this deck because OOP and too expensive (and I have to nourish a young dog very hungry and ruinous :D ), and also there is something that bothers me a bit: I'm not certain but I believe Swords are associated with Fire and Wands with Air in this deck.

Well, great deck in any case!

nicky

I don't use it to read but the art is fantastic... he also illustrated The Picatrix put out a year or so ago by Christopher Warnock FYI.

Patrick Booker

The Minor images pretty much follow Waite/Colman Smith, at least in broad principle.

Some years ago, I was using this deck quite a bit, and one morning I was seated at a self-constructed computer desk. It was a horrible and badly designed piece of furniture, and I am not the best at DIY. Anyway, I accidentally dropped a card, which hit some part of the desk. I picked it up - the Tower, and the card had a tiny indentation from its fall. A few days afterwards, the desk partially collapsed.

Patrick

DownUnderNZer

So it is capable of taking on an active role in letting a person know what is around the corner.

Cool!!!

The Minor images pretty much follow Waite/Coleman Smith, at least in broad principle.

Some years ago, I was using this deck quite a bit, and one morning I was seated at a self-constructed computer desk. It was a horrible and badly designed piece of furniture, and I am not the best at DIY. Anyway, I accidentally dropped a card, which hit some part of the desk. I picked it up - the Tower, and the card had a tiny indentation from its fall. A few days afterwards, the desk partially collapsed.

Patrick