Please help me decide between these three decks..

gregory

I'd go for the Bonefire - I think finding someone who has all three might be more difficult. I can only recommend one. But the Bonefire has a great vibe - colourful and energetic and readable. A good quality set.
I have all three (surprise.)

Bonefire - no contest. For all the reasons Leffy and Alta give. Everyday Witch second - it's fun and attractive and I like it a lot. And it has many cats. Triple goddess - annoys me. It's hard to articulate why, but I often pick it up - and put it back down. I feel like I ought to like it - but I just don't. It is lovely and bright - but it makes me feel I am supposed to celebrate my womanhood. I don't choose to do that; I am a people not a woman, as you might say. And I LOATHE the titles on some of the majors. Womb of Potential - just NO.

BeyondtheVeil

gregory

Bonefire - no contest. For all the reasons Leffy gives. Everyday Witch second - it's fun and attractive and I like it a lot.

Yay!! I knew I couldn't be the only one interested in all three. lol

I am most drawn to the two that you like. Bonefire and Everyday Witch Tarot. I am hoping they give me great, but different depth readings.

How large are the Bonefire cards? They aren't oracle or DruidCraft size are they?

Since you said that you have all three.. What do you think about the Triple Goddess Tarot? What do you like/not like about it?

I think I'm settled on the other two, but since you own all three maybe you can give me an idea of how it reads. Why or why not you wouldn't recommend Triple Goddess Tarot?

How do you think each deck reads? Example.. fluffy bunny.. too negative...too positive... balanced facts, etc.

Thank you for responding and helping me out! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

Carojulie

Hi BeyondtheVeil,

The Bonefire cards (mass market Shiffer edition) are larger than a traditional RWS, but not as large as the Druidcraft.
They are more "square" than most tarot decks, "squatter" : they are larger but not really taller. Tomorow I will take my deck out and do some comparisons for you.
The Schiffer version is the one that comes with a book, and also a large sturdy box with good magnetic closure.

The artist edition was supposed to have smaller cards, in a better cardstock (I read that fact in reviews, I havent seen the deck myself) ; but it is OOP so it could only be found on the secondary market I suppose.

HighPriestess

I love my Everyday Witch Tarot! It's a very whimsical, friendly deck. It feels like a chat with a good friend over coffee or tea (or your beverage of choice). I particularly love the court cards as someone who doesn't tend to like court cards. I love that the King of Pentacles is holding an entire chocolate cake and the Queen of Wands is in a very dramatic dress with a dragon behind her. I feel like it does a much better job of telling me something about the personalities of each of the courts than many other decks.

However the Bonefire is on my list and I think it would be a good choice for a more "serious" deck.

Is the Triple Goddess Tarot the new one from Lo Scarabeo? If so, I've seen a video of the cards, it's nice but it seems a little....generic.

BeyondtheVeil

Carojulie

Hi BeyondtheVeil,

The Bonefire cards (mass market Shiffer edition) are larger than a traditional RWS, but not as large as the Druidcraft.
They are more "square" than most tarot decks, "squatter" : they are larger but not really taller. Tomorow I will take my deck out and do some comparisons for you.
The Schiffer version is the one that comes with a book, and also a large sturdy box with good magnetic closure.

The artist edition was supposed to have smaller cards, in a better cardstock (I read that fact in reviews, I havent seen the deck myself) ; but it is OOP so it could only be found on the secondary market I suppose.

Hi Carojulie! You are an absolute doll for being so helpful! I'm sorry that I am such a bother! I just want to research a little before I buy. I think I will love this deck.

Thanks for letting me know that they are more square. I'm wondering if they are like the Anna K mass market? I will surely appreciate you comparing the decks. I am so relieved to hear that they aren't oracle or DruidCraft size. Those are so hard to read with.

Thank you again, Carojulie for being so sweet and helpful! :heart: I will look forward to your comparisons tomorrow! :thumbsup:

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

HighPriestess

I love my Everyday Witch Tarot! It's a very whimsical, friendly deck. It feels like a chat with a good friend over coffee or tea (or your beverage of choice). I particularly love the court cards as someone who doesn't tend to like court cards. I love that the King of Pentacles is holding an entire chocolate cake and the Queen of Wands is in a very dramatic dress with a dragon behind her. I feel like it does a much better job of telling me something about the personalities of each of the courts than many other decks.

However the Bonefire is on my list and I think it would be a good choice for a more "serious" deck.

Is the Triple Goddess Tarot the new one from Lo Scarabeo? If so, I've seen a video of the cards, it's nice but it seems a little....generic.

Thanks for responding HighPriestess!

Thank you for sharing about the Court Cards. I like that they are different and show personalities better. Do you feel like this is a good deck to read with everyday or just at certain times?

I have heard that the Bonefire is more "serious". I like having different types that I can connect with.

I'm not sure.. I think the Triple Goddess is from Lo Scarabeo. I haven't seen much of the deck, so that is why I was asking. Sometimes decks can surprise you with the way they read, so I was wondering if that were the case with the Triple Goddess.

Thank you so much for responding!

Brightest Blessings! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

gregory

Bonefire - no contest. For all the reasons Leffy and Alta give. Everyday Witch second - it's fun and attractive and I like it a lot. And it has many cats. Triple goddess - annoys me. It's hard to articulate why, but I often pick it up - and put it back down. I feel like I ought to like it - but I just don't. It is lovely and bright - but it makes me feel I am supposed to celebrate my womanhood. I don't choose to do that; I am a people not a woman, as you might say. And I LOATHE the titles on some of the majors. Womb of Potential - just NO.

:bugeyed: Womb of Potential? Ugh.... I agree... just NO! lol

I was hoping it would be a surprising awesome reading deck lol I would probably burn it though I don't have a problem with celebrating that I am a woman. My womb is not for discussion. :D LOL It would be like fingernails on a chalkboard reading those titles then. LOL

Okay.. Triple Goddess officially removed! :thumbsup:

Thanks gregory!! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

gregory

I'm not sure.. I think the Triple Goddess is from Lo Scarabeo. I haven't seen much of the deck, so that is why I was asking. Sometimes decks can surprise you with the way they read, so I was wondering if that were the case with the Triple Goddess.
No it's from "Inner Traditions" and it is almost an oracle - only 33 cards, calling itself a tarot and the cards the majors. Big cards.

You weren't thinking of the Universal Goddess, were you ? That IS from LoS and is MUCH nicer.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/universal-goddess/

BeyondtheVeil

No it's from "Inner Traditions" and it is almost an oracle - only 33 cards, calling itself a tarot and the cards the majors. Big cards.

You weren't thinking of the Universal Goddess, were you ? That IS from LoS and is MUCH nicer.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/universal-goddess/

I don't think that either of those are it. I probably should recheck. I don't want an oracle, but rather a tarot deck. Maybe I am just confused? So sorry about that! {{HUGS}}

Brightest Blessings!
BeyondtheVeil