Please help me decide between these three decks..

Carojulie

Hi Carojulie! You are an absolute doll for being so helpful! I'm sorry that I am such a bother! I just want to research a little before I buy. I think I will love this deck.

Thanks for letting me know that they are more square. I'm wondering if they are like the Anna K mass market? I will surely appreciate you comparing the decks. I am so relieved to hear that they aren't oracle or DruidCraft size. Those are so hard to read with.

Thank you again, Carojulie for being so sweet and helpful! :heart: I will look forward to your comparisons tomorrow! :thumbsup:

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

Hi BeyondtheVeil,

I just took out my Anna K (mass marketed) and my Bonefire massmarketed.
The Bonefire cards are larger :
Bonefire cards are the exact heigth as the Anna K cards
Bonefire cards are larger by more or less 8 milimeters than the Anna K cards

And the Bonefire cards are much thicker wich makes for a substantially bigger deck in fine, and less "pliable" ; wich leads me to struggle a little when overhand shuffling the Bonefire (though I have no problem at all overhand shuffling my Anna K deck - My hands are not exremely small : for gloves I usually take M size, or S/M, but certainly not XS)

Comparison with oracle decks :
Bonefire is bigger than the Animal Kin Oracle cards, but a little smaller than the Crazy Sexy Love Notes oracle. And, the Bonefire is MUCH smaller than the Vintage Wisdom Oracle (thanks god)

So, all in all, the Bonefire deck from Schiffer would be the size of a small oracle ; that is, bigger and sturdier than most tarot decks, but smaller than most big oracle decks.

And really, the thickness and shiny lamination of the Bonefire makes it look undestructible, almost waterproof (but I will not give that a try !)

I wonder if you might like the artist edition better (much smaller cards), if you can find it second hand ? Maybe in the trade section of the forum. I am positive I would myself prefer the smaller limiter edition, but now that I have the Schiffer edition it seems to me a waste of money to try and get hold of the first limited edition. I dont love this deck enough to desire a back up copy.

NB I agree with you on the impossibility to work with the DruidCraft ! I have trimmed mine to almost a standard size, and I love it that way (it looks better also, IMO)

I am not sure trimming the Bonefire would be a solution though, because the black margins are small so there is not much to take off ; and the edges of the illustrations are not very clear wich would make cutting neatly a little difficult.
Plus, to cut through that thick cardstock, one would need a pair of scissors made for competition, and expect bad blisters on their hands.....

G6

Hi BeyondtheVeil,

And the Bonefire cards are much thicker wich makes for a substantially bigger deck in fine, and less "pliable" ; wich leads me to struggle a little when overhand shuffling the Bonefire (though I have no problem at all overhand shuffling my Anna K deck - My hands are not exremely small : for gloves I usually take M size, or S/M, but certainly not XS)

Bonefire is bigger than the Animal Kin Oracle cards, but a little smaller than the Crazy Sexy Love Notes oracle. And, the Bonefire is MUCH smaller than the Vintage Wisdom Oracle (thanks god)

So, all in all, the Bonefire deck from Schiffer would be the size of a small oracle ; that is, bigger and sturdier than most tarot decks, but smaller than most big oracle decks.

And really, the thickness and shiny lamination of the Bonefire makes it look undestructible, almost waterproof (but I will not give that a try !)

I wonder if you might like the artist edition better (much smaller cards), if you can find it second hand ? Maybe in the trade section of the forum. I am positive I would myself prefer the smaller limiter edition, but now that I have the Schiffer edition it seems to me a waste of money to try and get hold of the first limited edition. I dont love this deck enough to desire a back up copy.

NB I agree with you on the impossibility to work with the DruidCraft ! I have trimmed mine to almost a standard size, and I love it that way (it looks better also, IMO)

I am not sure trimming the Bonefire would be a solution though, because the black margins are small so there is not much to take off ; and the edges of the illustrations are not very clear wich would make cutting neatly a little difficult.
Plus, to cut through that thick cardstock, one would need a pair of scissors made for competition, and expect bad blisters on their hands.....

This is disappointing news that the mass market edition is oversized. Thanks for the info.

DownUnderNZer

I have the 1st Edition, but have never opened it up really except to look at it when I first bought it a few years ago or whenever it was made.

I found this YouTube video just now and have decided to get the "MM" one as well JUST for the "book" as I think it will give a lot more in depth info from Gabi about the cards in comparison to the little booklet that came with the 1st edition. The "MM" one looks FANTASTIC!

It shows all the "Bonefire Tarot" decks produced which is actually good to see from a "historical perspective" when it comes to it.

YOUTUBE Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJc-ZZXJgw0

DND :)

BeyondtheVeil

G6

I think you mean the new Triple Goddess Tarot from Franco Rivolli/Lo Scarabeo. It's on page 4 in their catalogue.

I really like this guys work. I own his other decks. I'd go for Bonefire out of your choices though.

http://www.youblisher.com/p/1641115-New-products-Lo-Scarabeo-2017/

Yes.. that is the deck. I like the photos. Thanks for taking the time to respond, G6! :heart:

Well... now I saw a You Tube video of the Triple Goddess Tarot Cards here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB_hHi_AqQs

I really like some of them, but this deck is definitely not what I am looking for. :(

I thought I would edit my post in case anyone wants to see the cards.

Brightest Blessings!
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

Carojulie

Hi BeyondtheVeil,

And the Bonefire cards are much thicker which makes for a substantially bigger deck in fine, and less "pliable" ; which leads me to struggle a little when overhand shuffling the Bonefire (though I have no problem at all overhand shuffling my Anna K deck - My hands are not extremely small : for gloves I usually take M size, or S/M, but certainly not XS)

And really, the thickness and shiny lamination of the Bonefire makes it look indestructible, almost waterproof (but I will not give that a try !)

I wonder if you might like the artist edition better (much smaller cards), if you can find it second hand ? Maybe in the trade section of the forum. I am positive I would myself prefer the smaller limiter edition, but now that I have the Schiffer edition it seems to me a waste of money to try and get hold of the first limited edition. I don't love this deck enough to desire a back up copy.

Hi Carojulie!

Oh no! :( I was so excited about the Bonefire that I went ahead and ordered it earlier today.:bugeyed: I should have checked my post. lol

So, you don't love the Bonefire Tarot after all? The size sounds way too large to want to use often. I wonder why the artist let them make the cards into an oracle size instead of normal tarot? That is so disappointing. :(

I hope that the deck and I connect. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on this deck, like for the OOP one, because I"m not even sure if I will like it/connect with it, etc. I am not a subscriber any longer, so I don't have access to the Trading Boards. I used to trade/buy/sell a lot, but it is only for subscribers. I would definitely have fun there, but paying for it I can just buy new Tarot decks instead. I am always open to trade/etc though. :thumbsup:

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my thread and for sharing all the info on the Bonefire deck! The Anna K comparison is very helpful as well. I think my Anna K Tarot decks are the only square Tarot decks that I own. Though I have square oracle decks.

I wish Tarot and Oracle creators wouldn't make any decks larger than regular Tarot decks. I love the size the the Chakra Wisdom Oracle Deck. It is small and very easy to hold! :) That would be my dream size for ALL Tarot and Oracle decks! lol

Again, thank you so much for your time and help Carojulie!! {{BIG HUGS}}

Brightest Blessings! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

G6

Yes.. that is the deck. I like the photos. Thanks for taking the time to respond, G6! :heart:

Well... now I saw a You Tube video of the Triple Goddess Tarot Cards here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB_hHi_AqQs

I really like some of them, but this deck is definitely not what I am looking for. :(

I thought I would edit my post in case anyone wants to see the cards.

Brightest Blessings!
BeyondtheVeil

You're welcome. 😊

Same artist did another one called Tarot of the Sacred Feminie. Might be of interest:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/tarot-of-the-sacred-feminine/

Carojulie

Yes yes I DO like my Bonefire ! I sounded as if I did not, because I was trying to point out the downsides of the deck (mainly its large size and shiny lamination) but I do like it even with its downsides ! It is still a very good deck - eventhough it is not my all time favourite (I have other decks that I like more) the Bonefire is still a very good deck that I am very happy to have in my collection !

I was just saying that I think personaly I would have liked the limited artist edition even more (due to size and cardstock quality and matte finish), but I still do like my mass market copy, and I do not regret getting it. No regrets to have anyway, because the limited first edition is now very hard to come by, and would probably be more expensive.

I think you will not be disapointed if you ordered the mass market edition. Even if the cards are, IMO, too shiny and too large, they are still good quality, better than most (better than the Everyday Witch cardstock, for that matter).
Schiffer is known for quality, the cards look like they can stand the test of time.
Plus, the book is good, and the box is very nice and sturdy, with ribbons to hold the hinges and magnetic clasp : you can use it for storing both the book and the deck, and there will still be room for little things like a small spreadcloth, a candle, incense... Very convenient, and made to last. In my box, I like to keep a sachet of dried herbs and a small vial of homemade cleansing spray, among other little things.

From the three decks you mentioned at the begining of your thread, I do think the Bonefire is a good "staple" choice that you will be able to use in multiple occasions.

Please come back to tell us how you are liking it, once your order arrives !

PS and I loved that your thread made me dig up some decks from my tarot trunk, for size comparison and all ! It's fun and it makes me rumage through old decks, wich is good, otherwise I tend to always use the same decks over and over. Thanks ! :)

BeyondtheVeil

DownUnderNZer

I have the 1st Edition, but have never opened it up really except to look at it when I first bought it a few years ago or whenever it was made.

I found this YouTube video just now and have decided to get the "MM" one as well JUST for the "book" as I think it will give a lot more in depth info from Gabi about the cards in comparison to the little booklet that came with the 1st edition. The "MM" one looks FANTASTIC!

It shows all the "Bonefire Tarot" decks produced which is actually good to see from a "historical perspective" when it comes to it.

YOUTUBE Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJc-ZZXJgw0

DND :)

Thank you so much for responding DownUnderNZer! {{HUGS}}

I appreciated the YouTube video! I didn't realize there were at least 3 decks. That is very helpful for other people also. LOVE the accent also! :thumbsup:

I also found this You Tube video that goes through each card...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO-Pq_ANEYU

I think I really like the cards. I don't like some of the YouTube reviews going off on everyone though. :(

I think Tarot decks can be used by anyone who feels drawn to that deck. {any deck}

Thanks again for sharing and responding! :heart:

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

G6

You're welcome. 😊

Same artist did another one called Tarot of the Sacred Feminine. Might be of interest:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/tarot-of-the-sacred-feminine/

That looks interesting. I wonder how the deck reads? I haven't heard of it before. You are a wealth of info! :thumbsup: I so appreciate your help!

You said that you own some of the artist work? What do you think of them? How does those decks read for you?

Thanks so much love! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

G6

That looks interesting. I wonder how the deck reads? I haven't heard of it before. You are a wealth of info! :thumbsup: I so appreciate your help!

You said that you own some of the artist work? What do you think of them? How does those decks read for you?

Thanks so much love! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

I really like his style and they read well for me. I have Fire Tarot and Silver Witchcraft, so if you like his art maybe a different one of his decks would work better for you than Triple Goddess.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/fire/

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/silver-witchcraft-tarot/

✌🏻

G6