The Daily Show

athenarebels

On or around April 18 The Daily Show on Comedy Central did a segment with Sur On Op (Saran wrap), a Jamaican fortune teller, who told the future of Donald Trump by seeing passed tweets. He was playing with a guilded Tarot deck, did anyone or can anyone identify that deck?

LMAO I was trying to figure it out too! It looked pretty! Anyone recognize it? Bueller?

Mateo06

I should add that it was fully guilded, back and borders.

Mateo06

I was looking at that deck, the backs match up but the color palette seems to rich for the deck being used. The colors reminded me of a Ciro deck. If only we had one clear image of one card. Someone on the daily shows Facebook said they thought it was the Thoth.

Madame Squee

I'm with Rodney: it's Kat Black's Golden Tarot.

The back doesn't look gilded to me -- it looks like the back of the Golden Tarot, which is a gold color. You can see the back pattern here:

https://www.usgamesinc.com/Golden_Tarot/

JSho

I own the Golden Tarot and YES, that is them and YES, they are chatty and amazing! As beautiful as you'd think they are!

Mateo06

Really Jsho? The images online don't seem to do those on the video any justice. The cards on the video have deep and vivid colors, the images online make it look like the cards are sun bleached or faded.

illyria

It's definitely Kat Black's Golden Tarot. Studio lighting can make the color of the gilding seem richer.

If you look at 00:56 of the video, you can see him pull the Five of Coins.

Attachments

• The Daily Show.jpg
    The Daily Show.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 173
  • Rotated Shot_Zoom In.jpg
    Rotated Shot_Zoom In.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 186
  • Five of Coins.jpg
    Five of Coins.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 185

Mateo06

Great photo manipulation Illyria! Thanks everyone for your help.