Missing Card from my new "Faeries' Oracle" =(

babyJo

Missing Card ~ my new "Faeries' Oracle" =(

With great excitment, I have got my copy of the "Faeries' Oracle" at a sale in a local Book Shop at weekend.

BUT...

My copy of "faeries' oracle" has two of number 17 (Himself). BUT the card number 15 (Journeyman) is missing. ::sob:: This is such a beautiful oracle and I was so looking forward to work with it ::SOB::

The shop refused to exchange my copy coz I didn't open & count it there and then. :(
Please!! can someone tell me who/where could I contact for a possible replacement card...

MANY THANKS!!
~Jo

~Actually, I need to read abt the card and see what message it bring..the missing card and the extra card... there might be a hidden message. U think?

scorpiana

in cases like this, most publishers will send a replacement card-- i am not sure off the top of my head which company publishes this deck, but usually, if you get in touch with customer service via email or phone, they can send you a new card. it happens from time to time.

the bookstore should have replaced your deck- i don't understand what you could possibly gain from pretending to be short a card! i would look into speaking with a manager if you haven't already done so. that's just poor service on their end.

so sorry this happened to you- it can be frustrating, esp. if you were excited about the deck. and as for meaning in the card- dunno- i am someone who really doesn't believe in coincidences. does the card represent something or someone that is also "missing" from your life?

babyJo

The problem is.. This is Hong Kong… I don't think the importer/ shop can return a opened box. So they refused to help me!! :(

The Publisher is Simon & Schuster, on their web site http://www.simonsays.com/ they said they don't handle any returns other than the one that purchase direct from their site. It wrote, all defective items should be return to seller ::SOB::

Have been using Froud's free online reading http://www.worldoffroud.com for a while and sure is excited to get the oracle finally. It comes with a beautiful hardcover book with lots of info.. Wish I can have a complete deck =(

BTW, this is a very beautiful oracle tho!

~Jo

redflash

Yes, dig out the publisher details & phone them, they will send you a replacement card. I don't think much of the shop you bought it from, they should have either refunded your money or got you another copy. I have this deck hidden away upstairs somewhere-- its my birthday later this week & my partner has hidden this deck so I can't open before then ! I'm not really one for faery decks but this one has been intriguing me for a while, so I only have a few more days left to wait !

Kahlie

Always e-mail even if you think nothing might happen... If they really continue such bad service, I'd advise you to forward the e-mail to Brian Froud. I met him and his wife once and they are really nice people =)
I'm sure he would be able to help you =)

Kahlie

babyJo

Thank you for all the kind advice. I have email the publisher and it said they will respond in 3-4days..

Oh.. and I have posted a message on this deck's yahoo group. Jessica Macbeth who wrote the book answer ppl's question on there. Hopfully she will have good advise for me..

Anyhow, I do love this deck alot. The book is a great read and a high printing quality hardcover. I'll start working with this even I have a card missing.. coz I like it so much :)

Fingers crossed!

~Jo

Emily

babyJo said:
The problem is.. This is Hong Kong… I don't think the importer/ shop can return a opened box. So they refused to help me

But they must be able to return it to their importer, its defective. It would have made no difference if you had counted the cards, which is the usual way of checking they are all there, you had all cards just one doubled.

Maybe you should go back in the shop when its fairly busy, see the Manager. Make a bit of a fuss - The shop won't want other shoppers to see how unhelpful they are about returns. Books can be defective too, pages printed wrong or pages missing - I've took defective books back, they can't be sold on so they have to be returned to the supplier.

Maybe this was just a case of an unhelpful sales assistant?

Hope you get it sorted out.

babyJo

redflash said:
I have this deck hidden away upstairs somewhere-- its my birthday later this week & my partner has hidden this deck so I can't open before then ! I'm not really one for faery decks but this one has been intriguing me for a while, so I only have a few more days left to wait !

OH, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" redflash. This will be a lovely gift :) The artwork is brilliant and the message is lively. What I don't expect is... a great book that comes with it. I like Jessica Macbeth writing, it's very interesting and clear.

Look forward to hear your thought on it ... soon!

~Jo

babyJo

8 hours later, I'm home ... read 1/3 of the book.

I must say..I think there is a reason why I get two card of "HIMSELF" and the "JORNEYMAN" is missing. There is something very true behind it, about some problem I'm facing in life. I don't believe how great this oracle is, it really speaks to me. I'm doing a lot of thinking....

SO, I will leave this to the "FAERY", if the card mean to come back it will :)
Hopes you all enjoy this deck as much as I do.. BTW as the book said "FAERY likes to TALK..and we need to listen with our hearts."

Blessing
~Jo

babyJo

Got a reply from the publicist of Froud's. And NO reply from the publisher… ::SOB:: :::sob::sob:::

Hi Jo,
I'm sorry, we do not stock replacement cards.
We usually recommend that the Oracle be returned
as incomplete and we regret that your store will
not do so.
Sincerely,
Robert Gould
IMAGINOSIS