Druid Plant Oracle

Cat*

Douglas Rhys said:
Thanks a bunch for that! Never caught on to it. Really insightful.
I have had this deck for a month now, and I find it much easier to use then the Druid Animal Oracle deck, as others have said. But just curious, is the DPO border similar to the border of the DAO deck? Does it translate the same?
Sorry, I just now saw your post. The border is the same on both decks. :)

GryffinSong

I trimmed the white border off my new plant oracle tonight and it's stunning! I can't stop looking through it!!! :)

DaughterOfDanu

Hey guys. I got this deck as a gift from a friend (She was giving away her spare decks) and I wonder why I'd never gotten it before. Its really lovely!

I'm curious if anyone uses this deck without the book or has any tips on really getting to know the cards aside from just remembering them after time and use. I love the book with it, there's so much info they really went the extra mile with this one.

GryffinSong

I don't use the book. I read them intuitively, not by what the plants are supposed to mean, but by placement, appearance, or whatever else comes to mind when I see the images. I LOVE this deck!!!

DaughterOfDanu

Gryffin- Could you please give me an example of how you do your readings? They sound interesting!

flying black kat

When I was using the Druid Craft Tarot for a daily draw, I also used the Druid Plant Oracle and the Druid Animal Oracle.

Day: I would shuffle the Druid Craft Tarot and ask what to expect for the day. I then would ask the Druid Plant Oracle what plant helper I would need that day. I then would ask the Druid Animal Oracle what animal helper I would need that day.

Night: I would shuffle the Druid Craft Tarot and ask what I was to learn from the events of the day. I would then ask the Druid Plant Oracle what plant helper had aided me that day. I would then ask the Druid Animal Oracle what animal had helped me that day.

I either used the day or night daily draws depending on when I had the alone time.

I did not combine any of the 3 decks. I kept them seperate, for me that worked better then combining the decks.

I also have very large hands for a girl so it is easier for me to use large cards.

Be at Peace and walk in beauty.

Kathy

BlueDragonfly

I don't use the book. I read them intuitively, not by what the plants are supposed to mean, but by placement, appearance, or whatever else comes to mind when I see the images. I LOVE this deck!!!

Oh yes, this is a deck filled with intuitive cues! I've read with it both ways.

intuitive example- the plant is forefront in the card, and could represent your energies or something you need, what does the plant bring to mind, and what about the background? Hills, trees, water, buildings? What do they in this context represent to you? A fence could mean two sides not seeing eye to eye, or being held seperate from something you desire.....or "the grass is always greener on the other side"(but is it?). A cloudy sky could represent troubled times or attitudes. Say what you see! :)

GryffinSong

Oh yes, this is a deck filled with intuitive cues! I've read with it both ways.

intuitive example- the plant is forefront in the card, and could represent your energies or something you need, what does the plant bring to mind, and what about the background? Hills, trees, water, buildings? What do they in this context represent to you? A fence could mean two sides not seeing eye to eye, or being held seperate from something you desire.....or "the grass is always greener on the other side"(but is it?). A cloudy sky could represent troubled times or attitudes. Say what you see! :)

Thanks, BlueDragonfly, I haven't had the focus to sit down and give an example. I remember one card had a wooden walking bridge on it. It came up in a reading and it was all about journeys and transitions. I'm pretty totally focused right now on working in my studio, but if I can get my mind to settle down to it I'll try to come up with some more examples. In general, though, it's all about getting settled, and simply letting your instincts be your guide. When you turn the card over, what strikes you? Is it a color, shape, the organization of the images? There are TONS of symbols in these cards in addition to the plants themselves.

Dancing Bear

Is anyone still studying this deck? The last post was 2 years ago..

I am studying both the Plant and Animal deck together.. as i have combined them to make one deck.
Trimmed the white borders.. and because I live in Australia..Finding the equivalent Australian plant/ herb if that herb is unable to grow where I Live..( tropics)
I would love to take this journey with someone else.

I am not one to study decks much .. But the books have such a rich wealth of knowledge that it is hard to resist.
I wont be able to come in here daily..But at least once or twice a week I can post up my scribblings.

WolfSpirit

I was just thinking about this deck last week!
It is the Will Worthington's deck that I have given the least attention to so far, and I want to change that.
I think I need a bit of calm in my life, and bring back the silent power of plants.
Not sure yet how I will use the deck :)