Shadowscapes Study - High Priestess

hedface

Hi Hedface,

Welcome :).

Are you talking about the High Priestess card or the cards in general?

Thank you for the welcome!
Yep! The High Priestess card has what looks like people or sylphs flowing up the two branches in the foreground. I didn't see any other mention of it in this thread, but I could be mistaken.

Krawof

Hello all;

I just started with Shadowscapes for around 2-3 months ( I used another deck as my main deck), but may I join :D

In my opinions:

there are 2 trees in the card 1 is in front (yellow) contain small ladies (I think soul), and another is on her back (blue). they could be represented for tree of life and tree of death in the mystical story. The priestess fly between both trees and watch the flow of life to death.
However the tree in the back also recall the image of wave and the sea where the high priestess fly up like the humanity evolution from the sea and go to the land. during the evolution is also the knowledge that creatures (human) can learn new things in the life.

the owl is represented the knowledge and keep the key to wisdom unlike others deck indicated the knowledge by the book.

However, is there any different between the black feather on her dress and the white one her back? Maybe the white feather is white as purity and virtue?

CoffeeBlood

Next, Stephanie removed the pillars of wisdom and the veil, typically symbolized in The High Priestess card, and doesn't appear to replace them with anything... And even seems to contradict them. The leaves swirling around The High Priestess typically symbolize earth or Pentacles in this deck. And she has the white wings with black underneath, just like The Magician...

Additionally, there are stars behind The High Priestess in the sky, but the moon is inside her cloak or garments...

I really like this card but haven't yet figured out why. Maybe I will be finding out soon because I have been starting to draw this card a lot. ;)

the pillars are there: the tree branches. the veil is there too: it hangs from her arms and wraps around her body.
What should we make of the many shell-like spirals at the bottom of the picture?
i'll first reply with this quote:
Shell stimulates intuition, sensitivity, imagination and adaptability. It helps to enhance mental clarity and provides insight into decision-making. Shell promotes cooperation between the self and others, as well as within the self. It provides cohesive energy for groups.
see more here: http://www.charmsoflight.com/shell-healing-properties.html
i must admit, the shells stood out to me when i first saw this card. i wondered "why are they there?" then i remembered something related to the Golden Ratio [the Fibonacci sequence].
http://io9.gizmodo.com/5985588/15-uncanny-examples-of-the-golden-ratio-in-nature

but, there are few connections, and perhaps far fetched. I read this card can tell you to "listen to your inner voice". we lace certain seashell u to our ears to "hear the sea" [or am i the only one doing it?] whatever we 'hear' in the shell is "the shell's inner voice."

stretching the Fibonacci sequence .. i can only think there is a design out there, but well hidden [most likely in plain sight] that we'll discover only by listening to "that inner voice".