Finding used decks, sigh.

gregory

I think I have a notion of when a price is ridiculous but then I think I have a pretty good sense overall of what a deck is worth, distinct from whether I have that money in my pocket. Many often confuse the distinction. I recently paid just over £100 for a Greenwood. That's cheap, believe me, but for someone who hasn't got £100, or needs £100 for winter clothes for baby, it isn't cheap at all.

Quite. And there are other factors than can weigh in. I am about to pay more than I need to for something (not a rare used deck, a normal new one !) - just to support an independent rather than using amazon. (I confess I am not usually that ethical, but this is a special case !)

£100 for a Greenwood is.... AMAZING. Is it your second ? })

Melia

I'd agree - except that if you don't WANT the other editions.... the fact that there are newer ones is no help at all ! (You wouldn't believe what I've been offered for mine. Or maybe you would ! "The third edition has the yellow dress back _ NOW will you sell.." Well - duh - if that makes the third edition OK - YOU buy it for YOURSELF...! }))

It all comes back to - anything is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it !

Yep it's 'usually' collectors who want other editions. Me, I'd rather spend money on good shoes than paper.

... and I prefer the yellow dress, but heck if the dress was green I wouldn't care.

Le Fanu

£100 for a Greenwood is.... AMAZING. Is it your second ? })
Yes, I wasn't even planning on getting a 2nd Greenwood but came across it on amazon and snapped it up. It was a deck I thought buying a 2nd copy of would be just too extravagant, but at that price?

But each case is unique. Talking about shoes; because of my partner's job I never need to buy shoes, just get given nice/good brand ones gifted = more money for decks! :)

Melia

Ooh, lucky you! But I'm not envious ... well about the shoes, maybe just a little. No partner to buy me shoes but I have lots. I can't say how many -I don't want to embarrass myself - but I buy carefully .... good quality brand names often too, that last me for years. My favourite pair, by Missoni, bought on sale, are the Greenwood in my collection - but I still paid more than what you paid for your deck ... lol.

.... apologies for going off-topic.