9 of Wands (In-Fey #3)

lunalafey

This thread is part of a guided study. The root thread to the excersise is HERE
Phase #1
Think of an issue you would like to look into. The question will then be given an element that applies to it.
Example- a relationship question, it will likely be a water Q, but depending on it's nature it actually might be a Fire Q....then again it could deal with Earthly things. Find the Element that you feel best represents your issue.

Next pull a single card-

In your post here you need to give the Element of your Question, details optional.
The Card you pulled, after thoughts optional.

Phase 2
Each of the cards we pulled will be given a thread-
(I will be creating them shortly)
Visit each cards thread and:

1)
a) State your element.
b) describe what of your element you see in this card.

* your element might not be obviously visible, but it's in there someplace. Look to the things that your element plays a part in.
for example: the Tower...there are clouds, which are water vapor and ....what ever more you can come up with.
In the case that there is NO element at all, let your thoughts flow about the lack of your element

2) Take 3 keywords from your description/cards image and do a word association, listing 3 more words for each one.

example, sticking with the Tower-
3 words- Clouds, Sky, Rain
CLOUDS- mist, vapor, white
SKY- heaven, blue, fresh air
WHITE- purity, void of color, blank

*NOTE:
It's best to not visit the threads until after you have done your excercises.
By reading other peoples descriptions might influence and hinder your own intuitive impressions.

lunalafey

what's out th-air?

My Element is AIR
* I used the suits to help determine my element. Because I have a few decks that place fire with swords, and I can read either kind of deck, I thought about the Element of Fire.

9 of Wands-
Air shows up as another adjective and not a noun. Again, there are the trees that feed off the air. The fey in the card had to fly high up into the air to get to their refuge. Their refuge is a hole, and empty space inside a tree. (there's the tree again) Normally this space would be occupied by tree, but somehow, the tree grew and created a hollow high up in the air.
The spyglass strapped across the Fey's back grabs my attention and can sort of fit in with the aspect of a view, a long distance view, a view that is enhanced through a series of lenses.

SPYGLASS- close-up, monocular, telescope
HOLE- empty, cave, circle
SPACE- endless, vast, void

Imagemaker

Element: fire

No obvious fire in this card, but three ideas come--

the danger of fire to this tree as a living thing
the fuel for fire that this tree becomes as a dead thing
the Fey would lose their hiding place if fire comes to this tree

Danger: threat, defense, fear
Fuel: good, bad, intent (meaning that the fuel is neutral, how it is used is the key)
Loss: good, bad, result (meaning that loss can be positive or negative, depending on what is released)

Didn't intend to go into such a mix of philosophical evaluations, but that's what came!

snowy25

element water

What I see as the element water are the feelings of these feys.
So I guess they are feeling comfertable in the tree, but they fear what's outside.

Three words and discriptions

- Action: Sweat, Thurst, rising heartbeat.
- Rest: Inward, Oudward, Vision
- Growth: Aging, Wisdom, Learning

Simone

My element is [size=+2]Water[/size].

Two Fey are sitting in the hollow of a tree. They both have their eyes wide open, as if in fear, and one of them looks out, like watching out for some danger. The water I might see in this cardis in the "arteries" of the tree, but I cannot see leaves, so I'd say the flow of water is interrupted, blocked, or shut down for winter...

Tree - Flow - Shutdown

TREE: green, leaves, summer
FLOW: energy, harmony, sharing
SUTDOWN: blocked, closed, rest

moonspirit

9 of Wands-

My Element -Fire

What I noticed here is the reddish hair of the scared fey sticking her head out from inside the tree. This indicates to me a brave and risk taking heart.

Fear-Hiding-Nature

Fear-emotions stress actions
Hiding-Vulnerability caution danger
Nature-tree-Strength, protection