Labyrinth spread

galadrial

There have been numerous synchronicities associated with coming up with this spread, which was in my mind upon awakening one morning. The jist of the reading I did for myself with it was that I was supposed to share the spread. It seemed to indicate that it came from the collective unconcious. Anyway, I'm just the go-between. I did a reading using it on the exchange and my own interpretation was (ahem, blush) way off, but Myrrha recognized a dream she recurrently has and felt the spread offered a way to access it- much cooler that my take anyway. I did a birthday reading for a close friend, and it indicated that a certain vision of hers was part of her destiny- that she was positively affecting the people around her whenever she acknowledged this vision and was willing to share it. So, my original thought was that this labyrinth was flat and that the center represented the divine who would offer a gift of some type if one had done the work of the first three cards, and then the next three cards were for how to integrate the gift and the last card how to manifest/share it. However, since actually using it, and since reading the thread going on right now about minotaurs/Knossos/labyrinths/moon energy (yet one more synchronicity); I think that the labyrinth may go down into the unconcious (cards 1-3) where something is tapped (card 4), then brought back up into the concious (cards 5-7) where it can then be applied (card 8). In any case, it makes for a pretty interesting (heavy, my friend called it) reading, and I would love to hear feedback should any of you decide to try it as I would like to understand it better.
I tried to make the pattern look as labryinth like a possible, given the number of cards.

----------------1------------------3

-------------------------4--------------------8

----------------5------------------7

Cards 1-7 are within the labyrinth, card 8 is outside of it. Cards 1-3 are energies you experience, deal with, go through, etc. in order to access card 4. They may overlap and interrelate, or may have to be experienced in order. I really don't know what card 4 represents; for me it was the Hanged Man- I felt that I had reached down and grabbed some "runes" - something from the collective unconcious- that I could now give to the community, if I could articulate it (Ace of Swords in position 7). For my friend, it was her vision of perfection; the perfect unity of the spiritual and material. I'm not sure what Myrrha's Queen of Pentacles meant; I didn't really grasp that reading. Anyway, whatever it is, the next three cards are about grounding it, assimilating it and being able to keep it in the concious realm and utilize it. They also may overrlap and interrelate, and so far have. The last card is the energy via which you will be able to share it.
This really does seem to be a powerful spread, and I hate to be so vague about it, but I feel like I'm just passing it on, and will be learning with everyone else what it is capable of (or it will just dissappear into oblivion; I'm too tired to care).

oceanpoetry

that is cool, galadrial! I'm looking forward to trying this one! I noticed on the spread, if you trace it, makes a "figure 8" which is also symbol for eternity. I read card 4 as the balance point between conscious and unconsious, how you are synthesizing the two. which, for the Hanged Man as card 4 I would interpret as letting go and being more aware of the subconscious, willing to see things from a different angle. I will post here after I give this reading a try!

galadrial

Thanks, oceanpoetry. I hadn't seen the eternity shape; I like that. It makes me think of what is in the labyrinth as being outside of time/space. I drew the Justice card yesterday (which was 8 in the deck I was using) and the first meaning I looked up said "...because of it's shape, the Arabic number eight is a symbol of eternity, completion, and thus the workings of destiny." (from "The Tarot", by Alfred Douglas). How I synthesize the concious and unconcious, and the balance point between the two, certainly applies to my own reading with this spread. My friends reading seemed to have to do with destiny (much sword in the stone and king imagery, from the Legend Arthurian deck) and how she is trying to realize her vision of perfect justice in an imperfect world; the vision itself being in position 3. So, perhaps 4 was the balance point between the unconcious ideal and the concious application with the position 4 card (the 7 of cups- the Questing beast; a Knight takes on the lifetime quest of catching it, but never can. On his death the quest is given to another) being the balance point of taking on the quest even knowing it is impossible (at least for any sustained amount of time).
I look forward to your reading!