Merry Meet all!!

gregory

Stop thinking and start drawing... :)

13death

lol. will do :) thanks for the guidance

Chronata

Well...that's the advice I have as well...

JUST DO IT!!!

:D

You really can draw, or create a card image as many times as you wish. There's no hard and fast rule that says you can't have a bunch of early versions or prototypes.

You may have more than one deck in you, and that's OK too!

I created a deck by not thinking about it at all...just getting some blank cards and a Sharpie and setting a timer for 5 minutes and just making a card as fast as possible.
It's a good place to start...as you may get symbols that are revealing, but you don't know why until later study.

Or you may end up with something you can later refine, redraw, and rethink.

Or you may just end up with a project that took two days work and becomes published and helps you pay your rent.

You never know.

But the best thing to do is just begin...and see where it takes you!

13death

thank you so much. i started sketching the fool earlier but didnt come out just right. im gonna keep on with it. well wat i can. every time i start Artemis (my kitten) decides she wants to help also lol

13death

ok. i think i kno wat it will be themed round. the name will be Black Rose Tarot. im pretty sure.

13death

i have gotten the rough sketch of the Moon done!!! will post it wen i get my printer fixed lol

13death

yae me!! lol. while doing my morning reading for my self (sound a little conceited lol) a new card came to me! the Wheel. so i have a rough sketch of it done. i hope soon to have my printer/scanner fixed to have some samples on here!

WinterRose

Sorry I'm late! Welcome, and I look forward to the deck! :D

I started doing a deck myself, but it sort of died a death - I didn't lose interest, but it seemed like nothing was working right and seemed too much like a clone of another deck. I think I might start again, though, based on my spirit guides. Iskar, my Raven, has been very prevalent in my life lately, so I'm thinking of Tarot of the Raven.

13death

that would be awesome! wish u luck with it. :)
thanks for the support. i cant wait to c it either lol. so far so good. just i dont kno if i want to paint them. i wil prolly just use prisma color pencils like the Robin Wood.

WinterRose

It might be worth doing line art, then trace it so you have a few of copies of it first - then you can play about with different art mediums.