Cosmic Tarot, cards within cards

paradoxx

In both the queen of swords and the 7 of cups you can see the image of another card as part of the interpretive symbolism.

for the queen of swords, the image of the lovers appears in the window. Seeing as both the Queen of Swords and the Lovers are associated with Gemini, this connection is simple.

The 7 of cups shows the ghostly image of the 6 of cups card in transparency. The 6 of cups is the illusion and the 7 of cups is the breaking down of the illusion, and along with the illusion any help it may have provided.

If either of these two card combinations appear then progress is being made in the events being reflected, but a reversal would indicate that things are not over yet.

Arania

I usually take this to mean something different.

In the Queen of Swords, the woman knows the lovers are there, and the man from the couple is her partner and betrays her, and she doesn't even care in most cases because it gives her the chance to go outside wedlock, too.

In the 7 of cups, the image of the couple comes up and shows the partner of the desperate person with someone else. This may be a true picture or an illusion.

Madame Squee

The Lovers/Queen of Swords

I look at this Queen of Swords and see someone who has turned away from love.

My clues are: the image of the Lovers in the window behind the Queen (i.e. love is behind her), the sword that lies across her heart, defying anyone to come closer, and the single bird at her elbow -- there is a pair of birds in the Lovers image.

This Queen is blessed with quick wit and intelligence (as evidenced by the sign of Mercury next to her ear), but I feel like she has become "cold as ice", and the lyrics of that old Foreigner song come to mind: :D

You're as cold as ice, you're willing to sacrifice our love
You never take advice, someday you'll pay the price, I know

I've seen it before, it happens all the time
You're closing the door, you leave the world behind

You're digging for gold, yet throwing away
A fortune in feelings, but someday you'll pay...

Songwriters: Lou Gramm & Mick Jones.

I think the Queen of Swords knows a lot -- more than most people -- but she has become cynical about love, and so she pours her energy into something else. Maybe she believes she has a good reason reason for her cynicism... perhaps she is suffering from the effects of betrayal or abandonment (even by death), but she's not one to take advice... she gives it! :laugh:

:heart:
QoS
:spade:

Fostha

I see the lovers in the background on the Q.O.SW.to be a choice thats been made somewhere in her life,(if you look at the lovers closely,hes leaning in to kiss her,but shes pointing behind him,maybe indicating that someones there whos aware of her choice and dont like it),and its this experience thats hardened her heart,shes been hurt,and shes not going to let anyone hurt her like that again,and while she wont forget him,her swords across her heart now. I think The red queen described the card brilliantly.