Tarot To Find Out Someone's Sexuality ???

nisaba

sunstallion said:
unfortunately for you, woman. this is our world. I had a guy who asked me what would it will be like if he tried to get a woman in bed with him, and a girl asked me secretly to find out if her boyfriend cheated on her.
<puzzled> And?

sunstallion

nisaba said:
<puzzled> And?

because she said "I would scowl at them, and tell them to ASK him. If he wants them to know, he'll tell them. If he doesn't them perhaps its a really tender area and they *shouldn't* know.

I'm sorry. I get curmudgeonly here. I value my privacy highly, and I really, really resent inrustions into it, nor will I willingly intrude on someone else's. And for many people, sexuality is personal."

Frayling0

Guys, let's all chill, this topic is getting a bit heated :S

Laura Borealis

sunstallion said:
you don't know this guy. he's a sex expert, a relationship expert, and is excellent in psychology. that's why he said he won't bother to waste his time if his interest is straight because he would have no chance.
Life is full of risks. :rolleyes:

ann823

Sounds like invasion of privacy to me.
Why wouldn't something like"What does (your friend) need to know about pursuing a relationship with Mr.Y?" Even if Mr. Y is gay it doesn't mean he'd be interested in your friend and if he had that information he could decide not to waste his time getting to know Mr. Y.

Nickigirl

sunstallion said:
you don't know this guy. he's a sex expert, a relationship expert, and is excellent in psychology. that's why he said he won't bother to waste his time if his interest is straight because he would have no chance.

Wow I'm really not impressed with his "expertise"!
Many people have a rather fluid sexual orientation in my opinion, and once he gets to know your friend he may like him and you never know what could happen. I think your friend seems very shortsighted. Too bad.

So anyway, I would not ask "is he gay?" because I don't think either yes or no is a meaningful answer. I would ask how best to approach him and/or what his reception would be.

Cat*

sunstallion said:
Does that mean anyone gay/bi would be almost automatically "his" due to his amazing expertise in sex, relationships, and psychology? I'm sorry, but I have a hard time believing this.

Anyhow. Why not take three scraps of paper, write "gay," "straight," and "bi" on them, and simply draw lots if this is really all your friend needs to know about the guy he's interested in? While this may not be such a mysteriously charged oracle, it should work much better than a tarot reading which will give you way too much room for interpretation anyway...

If the oracle says the guy is bi, you can always try and determine the percentage to which he's gay/straight. Your friend may not wish to waste his time on a guy who is only 5% gay (which WOULD make him bi at least by calculation, if not by identification), either...

Grizabella

If I were a gay guy, I wouldn't want to be with another gay man who considered anyone who wasn't susceptible to being a sex object to be a "waste of time".

Besides that, the cards can be wrong and the reader can be wrong. Anyone who believes otherwise isn't realisitic about themselves or the cards.

Laura Borealis

Grizabella said:
If I were a gay guy, I wouldn't want to be with another gay man who considered anyone who wasn't susceptible to being a sex object to be a "waste of time".
I have been thinking that all along... thanks for saying this, I was afraid of coming off as snarky.

sunstallion

Anyways, he asked. So, I tried to help him without charging. But I dont even know how with tarot. I am not good at tarot and don't do it profession.

Overall, he's older than 18. He's an adult. I assume he knows how to take responsibility and things like that. His consequence is really not my business because if I can, I just do what he asked. That's all.

But I think it would save him a lot more time if he courts someone then turn out to be straight.