Someone Special Spread?

Free Spirit

I have offered to do a reading for a friend of a friend.
Her question is ´Is there going to be someone special relationship wise coming into her life soon`.
I realize that the cards are not there to tell her fortune.
I´m not sure how to word the question to get the best possible reading for her, and not sure what spread would be best.

mynathan

Rather than focusing on whether or not someone special will come into her life, I would focus on your friend's readiness for that to happen. Ask questions like:

What needs to happen before she is ready for that someone to enter her life?

What changes must she embrace spiritually, emotionally, etc.?

Maybe ask where her head (and/or heart) is at now and where it needs to be before she will be ready for this special person to enter her life...

minrice

I tend to combine the two concepts when I do a general love/relationship spread. The cards may not be specific enough to pick up on one particular person, but I do believe they can and do pick up on the situation at hand and can give you a general feel for what is to come.

A love/relationship spread I have done combines what the querant can control, with a general "forecast". For example, the person wanted to know how their love life would look like for the remainder of the year.
I drew one card for this question to answer it generally, then one card for each month of the year that was left and read them. I then drew more cards asking the same sorts of things Mynathan suggested, and those helped to clarify the month cards either individually or as a group (you have to use your intuition here, and ask what the querant thinks these mean to her)

In addition to Mynathan's suggestions you can also ask things like
What can X control?
What will help X's love life? What will hinder?
What should X be aware of?
What does X need to let go of?

Hope this helps!

Free Spirit

I was thinking of doing a spread where the first two cards mean the same in the celtic cross position one and two.
The third card is past experiences. Fourth card, expectations. 5, 6, 7,
Some of the questions kindly given here.

8, Result.

9, Future outcome.

What do you think?

minrice

I think that's great, and if you also hone in on some specific issues to help make sense of the cards you should get a great reading!

Free Spirit

I´m quite new to reading the cards. This is a first for me planning my own spread.
I suppose I`m just worried that the spread I do won´t cover all that needs to be covered in a reading to do with this situation.
What do you mean by combining the two concepts in a general/love relationship spread. Can you give an example.