*Apache Tears*

celticnoodle

I have some Apache Tears crystals myself. I also was taken by the story attached to these crystals. They are suppose to help people with their psychic abilities (another reason I purchased them too), and yes, is a protective stone against negative energies. Its also a healing stone and will help the owner of this crystal is suppose to help you to forgive others, thus removing blockages in your own body. This is a great stone to carry on your person when you are going to be near psychic vampires as it will protect you from being drained by them. My Apache Tears are black stones. I know they come in various colors though.

strangebrew

I have some Apache Tears crystals myself. I also was taken by the story attached to these crystals. They are suppose to help people with their psychic abilities (another reason I purchased them too), and yes, is a protective stone against negative energies. Its also a healing stone and will help the owner of this crystal is suppose to help you to forgive others, thus removing blockages in your own body. This is a great stone to carry on your person when you are going to be near psychic vampires as it will protect you from being drained by them. My Apache Tears are black stones. I know they come in various colors though.

Thanks Celtic....sounds great! I think the one i ordered is black. I so need to forgive someone, so am hoping to use it well :). I have a few psychic vampires in my life, so must remember to carry it with me

Darkmage

Apache Tear is another name for obsidian pebbles. Here in AZ they're literally as common as dirt in certain areas.

Everything that's true for obsidian is also true for Apache Tear. So they come in solid black, transparent black, translucent black, grey, snowflake, you name it. All the magical properties are the same too.

I love obsidian and have quite a few pebbles as well as several figurines and spheres carved from it. It's a wonderful grounding stone, though it's not for everyone.

Briar Rose

I love the Apache Tears and have just one. But I have Obsidian and Snowflake Obsidian tumbles that I love. I have a big raw Obsidian that is soothing.

strangebrew

Thanks guys :)

I found the legend very touching and feel the stone will help me with my healing work...i was looking for a larger one, but can only seem to find smaller stones..will keep looking

Would it be a good idea to sleep with the stone under your pillow, do you think?

PrincessPaulina

I have a small raw piece in solid black -- very grounding and protective, also a strong sense of integrity with this stone.
It does seem to facilitate integration & forgiveness; "what doesn't break you, makes you stronger" is a phrase that always comes to mind when I'm handling the raw Apache Tear piece.

I also have some small, tumbled Apache Tears, but I'm drawn more to the raw -- its rough surface seems more comforting, almost "cozy" :)
Whereas Obsidian, especially polished, has a challenging quality for me; I don't think I'd ever refer to an Obsidian as cozy!

You could try sleeping with the Apache Tear under your pillow, or on a bedside table, why not?
I would pay attention to my dreams, and have a Dream Journal within reach upon waking.
Personally, I don't sleep with crystals near me for extended periods of time -- I take breaks if my dreams get too active, or the crystals need a rest.

celticnoodle

Apache Tear is another name for obsidian pebbles. Here in AZ they're literally as common as dirt in certain areas.

Everything that's true for obsidian is also true for Apache Tear. So they come in solid black, transparent black, translucent black, grey, snowflake, you name it. All the magical properties are the same too.

I love obsidian and have quite a few pebbles as well as several figurines and spheres carved from it. It's a wonderful grounding stone, though it's not for everyone.
Yes, I knew it was the same as obsidian and that it is found widely in Arizona. you are fortunate! I wish I knew this when we were in AZ--but alas, I did not! I would love to find one myself as opposed to buying them.

wow, briar rose, that is great. I'm sometimes drawn more to the raw crystals, but then the polished ones are easier to carry in your pockets and they are sometimes prettier to look at.

strangebrew, I have found it difficult to sleep with stones under my pillow and much easier to put it slightly between the mattress and box springs. however, it is just as good to also have the crystal beside your bed--on a bedstand perhaps, or even on the floor, where you won't step on it, if you have no bedside table. just don't forget its there when you clean! I have also put them in small pouches and pin the pouch to the sheet on the mattress--so they are out of the way, and yet close to me. something to think about.

I also have some small, tumbled Apache Tears, but I'm drawn more to the raw -- its rough surface seems more comforting, almost "cozy" :)
same with me--raw in any crystal form, not just Apache Tears. Though I have few raw pieces of any crystal.

strangebrew

Yes, I knew it was the same as obsidian and that it is found widely in Arizona. you are fortunate! I wish I knew this when we were in AZ--but alas, I did not! I would love to find one myself as opposed to buying them.

wow, briar rose, that is great. I'm sometimes drawn more to the raw crystals, but then the polished ones are easier to carry in your pockets and they are sometimes prettier to look at.

strangebrew, I have found it difficult to sleep with stones under my pillow and much easier to put it slightly between the mattress and box springs. however, it is just as good to also have the crystal beside your bed--on a bedstand perhaps, or even on the floor, where you won't step on it, if you have no bedside table. just don't forget its there when you clean! I have also put them in small pouches and pin the pouch to the sheet on the mattress--so they are out of the way, and yet close to me. something to think about.

same with me--raw in any crystal form, not just Apache Tears. Though I have few raw pieces of any crystal.

Sorry for the delay, i only just saw this. I used the apache tear stone and for two days following it i felt extremely emotional. i kept it by my bedside as you suggested, but when i handled it, i could feel the tears coming. I am open to this,but found it amazing that is caused such a deep feeling in me. Must be a very powerful stone for me....and i do so need to forgive someone, although i probably need to order a truck load for that :D. Getting there....letting go and letting apache tear do the work (in part) for me

:heart:

celticnoodle

Sorry for the delay, i only just saw this. I used the apache tear stone and for two days following it i felt extremely emotional. i kept it by my bedside as you suggested, but when i handled it, i could feel the tears coming. I am open to this,but found it amazing that is caused such a deep feeling in me. Must be a very powerful stone for me....and i do so need to forgive someone, although i probably need to order a truck load for that :D. Getting there....letting go and letting apache tear do the work (in part) for me

:heart:
:laugh: I know its not really a funny post, but I can SO identify with needing a truck load of these stones so I, too, can forgive someone. I've been working at it for 4 years now, and some days are better then others. Good Luck to you in the forgiveness. Just remember, it takes a lot of energy to keep anger going--and generally not worth the trouble. Remembering this helps me a lot--especially when I remember the meanness done to me and how it hurt me so. I refuse to let them win--so I try hard not to allow the anger stick with me.