2006 World Champion Quartz Crystal Dig

agedog1

Anybody here going to the World Champion Quartz Crystal Dig 2006 in Mt Ida? I won first place in both 2000 & 2001 went back in 2003 but had the flu and didn't even place. 2004 got hit by hurricanes Frances and Jeanne so didn't go them. 2005 Another hurricane was coming so didn't get to go then. This year I'm really going to try (barring more hurricanes) to go. It's my only vacation and I really love to dig.

Anybody in this forum going?

Leleii

Champion Crystal Dig

Sounds interesting. I wish I was going.
Leleii

FantasyWorld

OOOOhhhhhh, Where is Mt.Ida?
Is there a website about this???

tarotbear

Friday the thirteenth? }) }) })

agedog1

Crystal Dig and Registration page

O.K. here is the link for the dig and there is a place you can click to go to the registration form so you can print it out: http://www.mtidachamber.com/crystal_dig_info.htm

It would be so great if a bunch of us met there. I camp when I go - total solititude, just me and the Crystal. Maybe this year I will allow my SO to come with us.

agedog1

clarification

When I said it was just me and Crystal. Crystal is my dog and she goes camping with me all over the US

DeLani

Yay, Agedog! My hubby & I go to Mt. Ida almost every year. I've never entered the competition...I just don't know how it would be to compete for digging crystals! It seems wierd!
I'm sure you'll have a great time...post pix of any cool crystals you find!

agedog1

How do I post the pictures

I can take pictures of the crystals which I found that got me the World Championship title and also I can take pictures of my trophies (or at least couple of them, from the competition). Just don't know how to post pictures. If someone would like to see the pictures and would provide a how to guide to attach them to a post I would be glad to post them here.