A Crystal Ball...

Alta

HearthCricket said:
Marion~What size did you get?
Holding the tape measure across the top and looking down, I would say 3.75" in diameter.

It has several large completely clear areas and lovely fault sheets that just make gorgeous rainbows (I was totally seduced. :D :D )

celticnoodle

My first ball was purchased in a New Age store. lots of these around, especially near college towns, it seems. however, the 2nd ball I purchased as a gift for my mother and found it in a mall of places! it's very small, but i liked that, as my mother is elderly now and has arthritis, so I did not want anything too big and heavy for her. She is beginning (since Christmas) to have some results, (though she is a natural!), so it seems like it was a good buy.

I heard (here on AT?) that a smaller ball is actually easier to read from! I never would have thought, and now, I wish I would have purchased two of the small ones at Christmas. It was a kiask, and now the guy is not there---guess he is only around at Christmas. My loss.

But, see if you can locate a New Age store near by you.
Good luck!

HearthCricket

Unfortunately all the New Age stores went out of business, so I would have to take a trip into Salem, which means a bit over an hour drive, which I have no plans of doing, at the moment. I would like one that has the rainbow colours inside of it. I feel it isn't something I can just suddenly buy. I will need to shop around until I find the right one. I saw a few on the website Marion gave that interested me, but all were sold out. Maybe I will write to them, decide on a size range and see when they expect more in, how much they will cost, etc. It is a big investment, both monetary and spiritually, so I want to do it right! :)

Alta

It took me a long time to buy one, but, just me mind you, I don't care for the ones that are so full of veils that they just look cloudy. But, lots of people like those. I got this one because it was so flat-out lovely and oddly intense.

HearthCricket

Marion said:
It took me a long time to buy one, but, just me mind you, I don't care for the ones that are so full of veils that they just look cloudy. But, lots of people like those. I got this one because it was so flat-out lovely and oddly intense.

Exactly. I want clarity, not fog, but I also don't want a plain glass one that has no occlusions or curiosities about it. It has to speak to me in order to be worth the while in purchasing it. It will be fun to shop around, though!

Briar Rose

See if there is a Gem and Mineral Show in your area. They will have the best prices. Ask someone there if you they would be willing to take you into the wholesale side. I have my wholesale license and I don't mind when someone asks me.

Right now I am too poor to go to the shows (believe me you spent a lot, but get a lot!).

If you help finding where shows are in your area PM me about it.

Tarotphelia

I was recently searching for something special and found it here :

http://www.crystalsourcematrix.com/

Lovely to do business with ! I'm sure they could help you find just what you want if they have it .

HearthCricket

Thank you for all the input. It has really helped me look for exactly what I want. I have been practicing scrying techniques on different mediums and have found out several things. I don't want something competely clear. It just doesn't work for me. I need something with character in it, reflections, rainbows, clear areas and a bit of cloud. I looked all over. I measured. I held a fake plum in my hand to get the feel of what size I would want to work with. I noticed the balls get cloudier as they get larger. But I didn't want anything under 3 inches. I really studied my various crystals to see what sort of inclusions I would want or not want in it. I really did my homework, in other words!!

Then I found her. She is on her way. My heart literally leapt with delight and she gave me her name....Miranda. She is definitely a she. We are going to have a fantastic relationship! I am almost breathless with excitement!! Here is a picture of her. Isn't she lovely? She has so much to say! And yet, delicately so!

MysticalMoose

WOW! Hearthcricket!! she is truly beautiful. Congratulations on finding her :)
I hope that you have many happy hours together, and that you will let us know how you get on.

HearthCricket

Thank you! I love her. She is a 3.2 inch Lemurian Crystal ball and no matter how much browsing I did, I kept coming back to her, over and over and over again and realized I would hate myself for not getting her. Each one is so unique, but she had everything I wanted and I am going to have such a fun spring/summer bonding with her!! My profile picture finally fits me to a "T"!!