"Shadows from the Past" Spread for Past Lives

MacMorrighan

Our previous lives cast a long shadow that arcs over our present life; influencing us. This spread, which may give one a snapshot into their previous life, was inspired while watching Assassin’s Creed as I had mistakenly believed it featured past lives instead of genetic memory.

http://macmorrighan.tumblr.com/post/159200862391/shadows-of-the-past-spread

In this spread, I use as a "link" to our most recent incarnation the card from the Major Arcana that signifies the sign of one's "northern node" in astrology, if you have had your natal chart done up.

Hemera

Shadows from the past

Thank you for posting this spread. We like to have spreads posted here rather than just links (Please see #5 in our Posting Rules)

---------------------------------------------
Shadows from the past Spread

------1&7-----
2-------------3
-------5------
4------------6

(1&7 crossing, 7 on top)

A leaf from my tarot journal:
Our previous lives cast a long shadow that arcs over our present life; influencing us. This spread, which may give one a snapshot into their previous life, was inspired while watching Assassin’s Creed as I had mistakenly believed it featured past lives instead of genetic memory.
Nota Bene: Treat each individual card placement–even question #8, the so-called “ShadowCard”–as a series of individual single-card draws.
  1. Signifier Card, chosen based upon the sign of one’s karmic lunar/ northern node, which may be discerned by having one’s natal chart plotted (i.e., my northern node is Libra, therefore my Signifier Card would be the Justice Card within the Major Arcana). One may calculate their natal chart using the Astrotheme website, and clicking on “interactive charts” on the home page.
  2. What lesson was I to learn during my former life?
  3. What unique abilities or personality trait have I carried over from my previous incarnation?
  4. What innate skills or talents was I born with in my former life?
  5. What skills–trade, or otherwise–was I trained in during my previous lifetime?
  6. What caste or social status was I born into?
  7. Crosses Sig. Card: What karmic lessons do I still have left to learn?
  8. Shadow Card (at the bottom of the tarot deck): What allies have followed me into my current incarnation?