Got turned down by USG...

blackroseivy

...Surprise, surprise, right? :)

Well.

I contacted Schaffer again, JIC - dunno if they would still even do any Tarots.

At any rate, I'm going to go to Dal Negro & have them print them up for me ultimately, since I'm pretty sure that this is a "self-publish" project if there ever was one!

blackroseivy

Thinking I may just hang up this one & concentrate on my other idea, which is a much better one anyway IMO...

pippi

((((((((((BRI)))))))))) Sorry to hear that hon. There's always self-publishing! :)

inanna_tarot

did USG say why?

And I'm sorry that they didnt print it. I'm sure the right deal be it selfpublishing and having creative control over the overal deck, will come in time :)

blackroseivy

The art "wasn't what they look for" - that's about all the explanation I had...

Dat's ok. :) I have certainly seen that THIS deck is FAR from for everyone anyway...

The next one I'm working on will probably interest a publisher (it involves photography). I am going to check out AG Muller.

AJ

sorry BRI, but you are in good company...

MareSaturni

Dear, you deck is great, has lots of personality & an unique art. To the hell US Games, i'm sure you'll find a publisher that will respect your work. If not, then you have lots of people here who would support your self publishing. :love:

Crossing fingers for you!

(((BRI)))

MeeWah

((((((blackroseivy)))))) Thanks for the update & sorry for the news.

The current economy influences many business decisions. Timing may be a factor, too.

Self-publication can be a viable alternative to mainstream publication venues. & aside from offering a certain independence versus associating with a large company, may open a door to unforeseen opportunities.

So do not give up!

sacredashes

I haven't posted in your thread but I have been following it. I am truly sorry to hear about what happened.

Please listen to this, if it helps then it worked for you as well.. It's where I draw a lot of inspiration from... to me it's the epitome of The Sun card ;)

I admire your courage, Blackroseivy.

Ash

Dean

Yes that must be very disappointing for you, if anything you have still made your very own unique deck.

Lots of us are now considering doing our own limited editions and there are lots of ideas for you on how to self publish on the deck creation board.

Best of luck.