The Metaphorical Tarot

blackroseivy

I'm not sure posting right now is the greatest idea, as I have nothing to show - YET!!

All I have is a very nekkid "Fool" awaiting his clothes...

This Tarot is going to take years, probably, & after careful consideration I decided to share the idea because mainly, I just can't IMAGINE anyone else wanting to take the gosh-darned TIME & EFFORT that this baby is gonna take...

My Tarot is going to be (somewhat) digitally-enhanced photography of doll-sculptures I am creating. They are going to be set in little scenes.

I have been on a "treasure-hunt" for little props, too! :D Rather fun...

eBay is my "repository of all things wonderful"!! :D

I even have much of the text already done, as I know exactly what I want for each card.

THIS deck will have fully scened pips - not like the "Vision" & too many (for me!) photographic-type dex...

THAT is gonna be QUITE a job!! :p

When I do the Knights, I think I will sculpt 1 body in armor & just change the heads (these dolls have wire joints with heads not really attached, as they have to swivel) & they can hold the suit-signs. The armor is going to be sculpted & leafed in silver!

My primary idea is to "hug" the VS dex for the Majors, only with my own original composition ideas; the Minors will be following the RWS more or less, haha - just enough to get across the idea.

I bought myself some bonsai for trees in the background, & I have all KINDS of wonderful fabrics.

The hold-up?

MY SEWING SKILLS!!! :p

I MUST get so that I know how to put together the clothes!

I did actually locate a pattern for a doll's Medieval dress - it includes a basic under-dress, & a "houppelande"-style pattern. I can use these reduced slightly; long for the females, & altered to be short for the guys. The under-dress shortened will be a great simple tunic for the boys.

I am SO looking forward to making it all - I hope to have a dressed "Fool" to show off soon! If I had a pic of him even as is, I'd put it up but haven't taken any yet.

So, just thought I'd toss the idea in...

Sidhe-Ra

Oo, you do like setting yourself big tasks, don't you?!

Well, I think that's a super idea, and not one I'm aware of having been done before. Good luck! You've got more patience than I ...;)

Em x

blackroseivy

Haha, yep, that's the idea - NOBODY but me would want all the WORK! ;)

I figure - even IF the "idea" gets taken by someone else, it just wouldn't LOOK like mine - think it's completely unique in that regard! So if someone else wants to use dolls, go ahead - you won't be doing what I'm doing anyway! ;) heheeeee

blackroseivy

I'm GOING to get a pic of that li'l Fool!! ;)

Alta

That project has an income-producing bonus too bri. After you get each doll photographed to your satisfaction, you can sell the doll on eBay. :)

Alta

blackroseivy

Either that, or they get set up in a GALLERY!! Yeah, I thought of e too - but I stand a good chance of having gallery rep soon, & I might just include them in the show I want to do called "I Tarocchi: The Exhibit" (I am going to also sell a gold-leafed, hand-egg-tempera-painted deck with this!).

Yes, this will be quite a project & I'll have to do SOMETHING with all those dollz!! :D

blackroseivy

I cannot locate my LARGE tripod which is ridiculous because it IS so big - but I'm about to set up to take at least a pic of Foolie! :D

blackroseivy

UUUUUUUUGH now I can't load PIX anymore!! That guy did SOMETHING to my computer - he's got to come fix it before I can load anything, I think! :(