The Metaphorical Tarot: The Fool

blackroseivy

Here he is, in all his unclothed-at-the-mo (but MODEST!!) glory, I think that he is SO cute! He is perched on the chest I am going to use for my hand-painted deck.

I will post along as I get him clothed, scened, etc...

Attachments

• thefool1.jpg
    thefool1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 131
  • thefool2.jpg
    thefool2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 114
  • cardbackloresfinalsmall.jpg
    cardbackloresfinalsmall.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 110
  • themetaphoricaltarottitlecardsmall.jpg
    themetaphoricaltarottitlecardsmall.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 108

Sidhe-Ra

He is a cheeky looking fellow! :)

I look forward to seeing this develop- he already has the right 'feel'.

Smashing work!

Em xx

rwcarter

bri,

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that card back!

Rodney

blackroseivy

THANK you both!!! :D

I am SO excited about this one, but BOY-HOWDY the patience it will take!!

Isn't that cb something?! :D Thanx Rodney!

You know what it is? It is the photo of a fabric I originally bought to go in the background (which I subsequently managed to ruin with a water-stain! :( ), however I had the photo & just wanted a segment to use in my kaleidescope function in PSP. I was just playing around, I was experimenting & didn't expect to get THE actual back out of this lo-res pic - but when I did it, & THAT is what came out, I was like TOTALLY "this is IT!!" :D

As to the dolls: Yes, they are going to be WORK but VERY worth it I think!

I'm aiming to do The Magician next, though I need to work out what I want to send to USG... (Possibly. :p Or, whomever...)

I decided that sharing the idea was fine because even if someone decides to do their own, mine would STILL be totally unique no matter what. So, this deck will be documented (in lo-res!!).

Glad peeps are liking it so far - you should SEE the adorabibble li'l treez I got that are bonsai! I thought that scale-wise, I can imply distance by having them be somewhat small, as if they are in the distance...

I have some props, will be making more - just WAIT until you get a load of "The Chariot" that I have worked out! I'll say that for the most part, I'm having TONS of work done mentally working things out, but not too much physically realized. But I'm there on it, you know? I know JUST what I am doing! :D

Excited to share more, I'll be back - The Fool will have a red & black parti-colored hose & tunic (I made the hose but have to dye them); he is white, thus the "Albedo-Negredo-Rubido" of the Alchemists, to which I will be referring heavily...

Ok, enough running on until the next pic! (I have the most SMASHING red fabric for The Magician, it has a sun-moon-star theme in gold!)

blackroseivy

Haha - I FINALLY remembered the word I wanted for The Magician's garb - "celestial", but of course! ;)