The Metaphorical Tarot - Finished Cards

blackroseivy

I've got my 1st Metaphorical card, The Fool. It may have to be re-taken with a better camera (can't afford high enough res), but this is a working image.

I have a publisher who wants to see samples; I am sending this one, The Sun, & the King & Ace of Wands for a Court & a pip.

Attachments

• thefoolworking2smaller.jpg
    thefoolworking2smaller.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 170

Alta

Is that one of those dolls that you make and sell on eBay? Cute.

blackroseivy

Thank you - actually what I do for eBay are fashion repaints. This is a "pure-sculpt" doll - I haven't sold any of those yet. I may in the future as they improve, but for now I have to concentrate on getting rather a lot of them done for the deck! Sewing is the killer, really... Trying to keep that part simple.

blackroseivy

Did it over, it's a little more figure-focused now.

Attachments

• thefoolworking3smaller.jpg
    thefoolworking3smaller.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 113

blackroseivy

'K I've taken off the labels, it's probably going to have to be done either in-house or smaller anyway.

Attachments

• thefoolworking4smaller.jpg
    thefoolworking4smaller.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 101

blackroseivy

Still not perfectly happy - I'm going to change the background to a blue sky with white clouds, put clouds under him too, & re-shoot it with him bigger in the card so that he's mostly what you see.

gregory

Is this a deck where you stage something for a card and then photograph it - I was following it somewhere else and it sounded more complicated.... It sounded at first as if it was going to be permanently 3D somehow - I was very confused....

Like the Spill but with artifacts (dolls) rather than humans ? and like that Frog deck Lillie did ?

blackroseivy

I don't know the Spill, but like the Vision, & like the froggie one too I guess, kinda... ;)

I have a better image - I decided I liked a gold background but plain, & I did put in clouds. Also The Fool is the total focus of the card now.

You may be remembering that I was intrigued by the idea of a holographic deck, which is basically not exactly a practical idea, all told. So, I'm doing dioramas & photographing them.

I am going to be getting a better camera, I'm working on that - I'm just using these as working ideas, & I can re-take them later, pretty much the same image but better resolution.

Attachments

• thefoolworking5smallest.jpg
    thefoolworking5smallest.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 101

gregory

Here's a thread about the Spill, with a few pix. It's awesome; I went to a show where the had lifesize (as in taller than me) cards on display.....

blackroseivy

Thank you! :)