Kitchen Witch Deck

athenesc

I'm interested in creating a kitchen witch deck with pips as brooms, pots, food, candles. I've read the back archives about going slow and using the computer for collage. I would like to do a multicultural deck where not everyone is white. Any ideas for the major arcana? Two I had were have a backpacker for the fool with a trickster for the head & have either a chef or an herbalist for the magician. What do you think?

athenesc

LittleWing

that sounds like a really good idea. the chef as the magician sounds perfect!! you could have real fun with this one - fruity lovers, a volumptious empress, the devil could be liquer?

blue_fusion

that a rather fun project you have there. :) good luck. it reminds me of what i did with my magician card in the vanessa tarot ( http://www.geocities.com/vanessatarot ) there. why not explore other media as well? :)

rota

I love the idea of a kitchen witch Tarot!! What a terrific idea -- it really is spot-on! I hope you can follow through on this, because I'd love to see it. And since there are 'kitchen witches' in every culture, this really can be a multicultural deck without being patronizing or arbitrary. Please keep us up on your progress, or maintain a website for the work. I think this is very promising.

tarotpharot

Kitchen Witch eh? Sounds appetizing!

brooms - like this!

pots - or perhaps cauldrons?

food - cool, but perhaps entrees? nosh? feasts?

I don't suppose a "Moon Pie" would make a good moon eh? <g>

candles - great!

I dunno. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Blessings of the day,

Brad })
TarotPharot

athenesc

ok cauldrons it is & instead of food, how about produce? I'm thinking of taking some digital photos cause that seems to be the only way I could exactly what I want. How did you get your models for your decks?

athenesc

cjtarot

hI, my 2 cents..lol

athenesc,

Hi, how about:

Brooms-fire

Pots(Cauldrens..all differnt types)/Pans ( (Cake pan, baking dishs..baking things..flatter the flat wood some people bake pizza on)..- water

Candles-air

and Herbs..dried hanging, growing...- earth

these are kitchen witch things...

Please include recipies...and make sure we get to see some of the pix..PLEASE..

Blessings and good luck

Cj

athenesc

brooms- air because it is used to clear out your space & to create a circle

cauldrons/pots- water that's an easy one

produce - earth because that is where it is from

candles- fire becuase that it what is lit with

I'm also thinking for the court cards daughters, sons, mothers, fathers.

athenesc

LittleWing

oh yes! i love the idea for the court cards - daughters, sons, mothers, fathers.

much easyier to relate to than royals. nice

HudsonGray

Soooo........that lazy susan spice rack would be the 'Wheel of Fortune'?