The Rosetta Tarot

Babalon Jones

I'm really happy to finally share some of my deck with you today! For the first time. Coming out of the closet studio, so to speak.

ALL of the cards are done! The card backs are done! The website just launched this morning for the first time at 9:45 am. It has been a long haul.

It is a Thoth based, and thus Golden Dawn and Book T based deck.

Not all cards are posted to the web yet, as I have still to do the write-ups that display with each card.

So far, on the Major Arcana page, The Fool, The Hierophant, Death, The Star and The Sun are up.

For the Wands, Five of Wands, Six of Wands and Queen of Wands are up.
For the Cups, Ace of Cups, Six of Cups and Knight of Cups are up.
For the Swords, Four of Swords, Nine of Swords and Princess of Swords are up.
For the Disks, Two of Disks, Nine of Disks and Queen of Disks are up.

I wanted to at least get a few early & late trumps, a few minors and a few courts of each suit up to start. I'll be posting more every day as I get time to do the write ups, after the day job!

The website is listed in my profile. It needs a lot more work, but it is a start. I hope you enjoy having a look.

Babalon Jones

Seshet's Rosetta Tarot

oops - just realized I hadn't yet put the web link in my profile. It is there now!!

Manda

That is an awesome undertaking and one you have finished quite well! Gorgeous colors, and that Star makes me drool. Many congratulations to you and all your hard work! Of course you realize now everyone will want one, right?

AJ

Inspired name, tarot/rosetta, one and the same.

Do you have a publisher or plan to self publish at some point?
Based on past horror stories heard, be wary of putting all the cards up. Deck art has been stolen and published right under the artists very nose. And low res scans are not a problem for these bootleggers.

Great job!

cronegoddess54

Beautiful deck, awesome! Think you have hit here..... :) I want! Love the pictures...colors...everything!

Alta

That is lovely and I am especially pleased at the GD titles on the cards.

Babalon Jones

Seshet's Rosetta Tarot

@AJ

Yes, I have plans to do both. My hope is to self publish a limited edition or at least a numbered, artist-signed edition in the VERY near future (hopefully), but also I plan to seek a publisher.

I hear what you are saying about the risks of posting all the cards. I thought the low-res scans would prevent that. Do you think watermarking them would help? I resisted that as I didn't want to mar the images; but perhaps watermarking *some* of them to prevent a full deck being available?

The images are all copyrighted officially. Not sure what else to do. I want to share them all so people know what they are getting when I sell them, but maybe leaving some as a mystery is better?

If anyone has thoughts on this I'd appreciate it!

Babalon Jones

The Rosetta Tarot - Book of Seshet

A question for viewers:

Is a LWB good enough or would you want a full size book? I have enough material for the latter but wonder if most want that. I plan on finishing writing the Book of Seshet to go with the deck but will have to probably slim it down if all that is needed is an LWB...

Manda

I like full books when I can get them, but if that makes it hard for you to publish I would be happy for just a deck. The images really are very well done! Some artists have offered book or deck, or both together, but I have not published anything so I am not sure how that has worked out, but as a consumer I always get the book if it is available.

Laura Borealis

It's really beautiful. :)