The Rosetta Tarot

Babalon Jones

news

Update - it won't be long now! Received the first proof of the deck, deck box, and LWB. Awaiting the proof of the full size companion book.

Here are the details:

The deck will be offered as a signed, numbered edition in the standard RWS size, professionally printed, rounded corners. It will be a smallish run, not sure of the exact number yet.

The deck box is a professionally printed clamshell style box, which I find to be sturdier than the standard tuck boxes (if you have the Robin Wood deck, it is a box somewhat similar to the design of that one, that opens on the horizontal.)

The LWB is black & white, also professionally printed with saddle stitch binding, 56 pages, image on the cover, deck info, card write ups and one unique spread layout designed for the deck inside.

The boxed decks with LWB and signature card will be $39.95.

Then, offered separately, there is a full size companion book. 5x8", 246 pages. Color cover, color glossy insert with images of many of the cards. The text section is professionally laid out, black and white and has greyscale images of each card, and a much more detailed explanation of the symbolism than could fit in the LWB. There are also chapters on Astrology and Qabalah, explaining in simple terms how they relate to Golden Dawn and Thoth based decks.

The full size books will be $24.95.

I'm hoping to be able to first sell enough to pay off the loan, lol, but then any excess hope to use to offer a pocket size version in a tin someday. I couldn't afford to offer both at once.

The deck box has Death on the cover (he's not scary, he's my brother) ;-)

The book has Adjustment on the cover, an image I don't think I've posted yet but is one of my favorites.

Oh and I almost forgot! I have dear friends who have a business making vestments for churches. They have beautiful materials and do exquisite work. They are going to make bags embroidered with the design from the backs of the deck, and possibly spreadcloths to match.

My guess is everything will be available end of Sept or early October. Any questions or comments feel free to contact me!

Babalon Jones

Obviously everything always takes longer than I think it will! Release date is probably not until the end of October now, as it will be a couple of weeks before I have them in hand, then I need to get packaging and web stuff ready.

Looking good though, all of the proofs look really great. This will be a numbered signed edition of only 777 copies. Those of you who have signed up on my website to get notification will get an email stating the exact release date and time first.

I also hope to post pics of all of the cards on my website so that people can see more of them before they buy, but I still need to watermark them as many of you kindly suggested.

There will be a contest of some sort too, details to follow!

Chiska

OMG - I missed this???

I signed up for email notification at your website. The deck is beautiful. I am a Thoth enthusiast (not a scholar or smart kid, but I love it nonetheless!). Your interpretations are so vibrant and seem to just POP right out of the screen.

I hope the colors are as vibrant in the printed edition!

Babalon Jones

deck creation story on blog

Thanks Chiska! Yes, the colors of the printed edition are just as vibrant. I have the proof and I'm very happy with the colors. I'm a big fan of bold colors too! All of my art is usually in primaries and jewel tones - I like colors (and flavors) to pop!

On the deck news front, the decks and books were supposed to be wrapping up by the end of this week, though today is Friday and I haven't received any shipping confirmation yet. So I may hear Monday, hopefully! Once I have the actual stuff all present and accounted for, then I'll email subscribers the release date ahead of time, and post something here too. I'll need a little lead time to get stuff assembled and get the extras & goodies ready, but only a couple of days.

The reason I came on here to post was because I wanted to share with everyone that I've started a series of posts on the blog on my website, describing the entire creation process for the deck and companion book. I learned a lot and thought others who are interested in tarot deck creation reading here might want to read about the process (and benefit from my mistakes). It will be in several installments, and will eventually cover everything, from getting ideas and overcoming blocks to technical stuff and printing stuff and publishing stuff and and and...etc. If you read them all, you will learn a lot - I sure did! (And a lot left to do and learn, too - it's not over yet!)

Here is a link to Journey of the Creation of a Tarot deck - Part I, Genesis : http://blog.rosettatarot.com/2011/1...reation-of-a-tarot-deck---part-i-genesis.aspx

Chiska

Happy news and a long time in the making! According to the tracking info, the decks and books are due to arrive here in two shipments, tomorrow and Thursday! *fingers crossed*

Very good news!! It must be a special feeling when something you have created like this comes to fruition. I wish you the best of luck.

Babalon Jones

Eeek! Chaos!

I'm in New England, where we just had over a foot of snow over the weekend. No power for two days now. (I'm writing this from work, just wanted to check in with you guys!)

I was in the middle of assembing, packing and shrink wrapping over 700 decks and books when the power went out. It looks like a bomb went off in a tarot factory in my kitchen and living room, lol! When I get internet back at home I'll post a picture if I can, its pretty crazy. :)

Fingers crossed it comes back soon so I can make that release date on the 2nd! If anything changes I'll keep you all posted by checking in from work when I can.

Pray for electricity for us all here in balmy New England. Crazy, a blizzard before Samhain. Sheesh! That *usually* doesn't happen before St Nick's Day (Dec 6)

merissa_88

Wow! Hope you are okay and staying warm! The deck looks great, BTW.

Babalon Jones

Thanks Merissa!

Still no power at my house...arrgg, it has been four days and they are predicting another day or two. But regardless, I am going ahead to launch the store tonite just before midnite (EDT), even if I have to do it from another location. Luckily I have another location with power where I can check in.

Very excited, and ready to ship decks even without power. I don't need no steenkin' power! :p (errr, yes, yes I do! :lightbulb plz) But I don't need it to ship your decks and/or books out, so never fear, after 11:40pm EDT you can order away, its cool! :cool4:

I think if you do, you will be happy with them. I'm pretty happy with the way they came out, the printers did a great job (at least on the decks I've opened. They come shrinkwrapped, so fingers crossed they all look good!).