Tarot of the Sojourner

Aza

Thank you for the kind remarks everyone.

@Bodhiseed: If you do not mind, tell me why did you think The Hierophant would of been The Emperor.

rwcarter

Are the Majors renumbered? Cause the Hierophant bears the number 1 on the card, so just looking at the image without paying attention to what it was supposed to be, I was trying to make it fit as a Magician. Only when I closed the image did I see it was supposed to be the Hierophant.

BodhiSeed

Thank you for the kind remarks everyone.

@Bodhiseed: If you do not mind, tell me why did you think The Hierophant would of been The Emperor.

I think it's the chess set. I see the Emperor as a planner, who tries to foresee all possibilities and prepare for them, much as a chess player would look at the board and plan his or her moves. :)

Aza

Are the Majors renumbered? Cause the Hierophant bears the number 1 on the card, so just looking at the image without paying attention to what it was supposed to be, I was trying to make it fit as a Magician. Only when I closed the image did I see it was supposed to be the Hierophant.

That isn't a number one, but its the letter I.

rwcarter

That isn't a number one, but its the letter I.

Ahh. In the context of the whole deck that might make sense. But seeing a single card, it looks like a Roman Numeral (I) instead of a capital letter (I).

Aza

Ahh. In the context of the whole deck that might make sense. But seeing a single card, it looks like a Roman Numeral (I) instead of a capital letter (I).

There will be no numbered cards in our Major Arcana.

Regardless, in terms of the allegory represented in The Hierophant card, the letter I and Roman numeral I can be interchangeable.

Glitterbird

Love the deck! - I'll be watching and waiting. ;)

heathen

Wow this is brilliant and beautiful.
Want to see the rest of it, very curious.

Zephyros

I am curious as to why the Devil bears the letter Gimel. What system are you using, if at all?