Eeek! Er, em - well, I suppose it's a compliment

baba-prague

Oh, glad you like the cats. Do look at the details if you have time and inclination - there are a lot of details. The deck actually reads really well I think, but it is surprisingly (well, surprising for some people, not us of course :) ) unfluffy - some cards are intentionally very layered.

See of Logos? Well, this deck will get going again properly this autumn. We will certainly talk about the process then - Rachel and I began a blog sometime back, although it will be dormant until we get everything set up for the final designs. We will also talk about it here of course - it would be great to share some of the ups and downs. It's a demanding deck to do (by which I don't mean that Rachel is demanding - in fact she is endlessly patient.)

Flidais

Oh dear. Hello kitty! Poor kitty!

That is one of my favorite cards in the deck (one of 78 "favorites", actually). I have a friend who speaks Chinese (well, I'm not sure about Taiwanese, but I can ask her if she can tell me what the site is about).

Flidais

This is from my friend who speaks Chinese:

"The site is probably Taiwanese (could also be Hong Kong, but more likely not). It seems to be an internet community of some sort. My dictionaries are out-of-date, in terms of internet words. People post pictures and others make replies. The site you sent me is for an individual's (Wclurru's to be exact) photo album. I went to some of his/her other links and there is personal info (likes/dislikes, etc)."

ArwenNightstar

baba-prague said:
I thought this might make anyone who has been reading the various discussions about copyright infringement both laugh and - perhaps - shriek in horror:

I never even THOUGHT to ask! I used one of your cards in a Tarot Musing at LJ.

http://www.tarotbyarwen.com/images/tarot/ftt_4_pentacles.jpg

Please ignore the fact that I misnamed it. BAD ME. But is this an ok thing to do?

baba-prague

The odd card here and there is fine - no problem, especially of course if it's educational or tarot-related. We're just pleased that people like the work enough to want to show it.
We appreciate requests first if anyone is going to show a fair few cards (this can in fact break copyright, so reviewers usually ask for emailed permission to show six or more cards - covers their backs as well as ours). Of course we almost always say yes. The only headache is hot-linking (I've found out how to block that in fact) or if someone does something a bit, er, unexpected with the cards. We've had, for example, people wanting to change/adapt some cards for a record sleeve and that we were a bit uneasy about without knowing what was intended!
Taking the work and pretending it's theirs is of course the real no-no, and that has happened to us a couple of times - fortunately it's really rare, most people have the best of intentions in showing cards.

Antenna

Flidais said:
This is from my friend who speaks Chinese:

"The site is probably Taiwanese (could also be Hong Kong, but more likely not). It seems to be an internet community of some sort. My dictionaries are out-of-date, in terms of internet words. People post pictures and others make replies. The site you sent me is for an individual's (Wclurru's to be exact) photo album. I went to some of his/her other links and there is personal info (likes/dislikes, etc)."

this site should be taiwanese as most of the pics are taken from taipei. hmm if u need translation from chinese to english just show me the link and i can help. :)

baba-prague

Antenna said:
this site should be taiwanese as most of the pics are taken from taipei. hmm if u need translation from chinese to english just show me the link and i can help. :)

That's really good of you, and I appreciate the offer. It's fine though, I was a bit startled when I saw the site, but like I say, I took it as well-meaning, and I have to say it made me laugh a bit. Whatever next?!

firemaiden

Well either the offending page is gone or I'm just missing something. Too bad, I could use a laugh...